CALL FOR GENRE FEATURE FILM IDEAS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. You (the ‘Applicant’) acknowledge that the Call out by Queensbury Pictures/FrightFest (together, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is run by us with funding from Film London and is for feature film projects only.
2. Information on how to enter forms, the application and eligibility requirements form part of these terms and conditions.
3. No relationship of agency is established between Queensbury Pictures or FrightFest and you by the submission of this application. You make this submission voluntarily.
4. You acknowledge and agree that:
5. The Applicant warrants that he/she/they is/are the and exclusive sole creator(s), author(s), and owner(s) of the idea and that to the best of your knowledge no one else has any right to the idea. You further warrant that no rights in the idea have previously been granted to anyone nor has the idea otherwise been exploited in any way and you believe your idea and its features to be unique and novel. We are accepting original ideas only, no adaptations of existing material.
6. All rights in the submission remain your property during the initial assessment process. We may copy the submission for assessment, however, we will not otherwise copy or distribute the submission without your prior consent. You also acknowledge and agree that we are not obligated to return any materials you submit to you. If, following the workshop, your submission is short-listed, we will enter into an agreement with you for the exclusive rights in the submission and related ideas and materials (Project) and the Project will be granted to us for 12 months, during which time we may (at our discretion) option the Project on our usual option terms.
7. If you are selected for the workshop session, you will be required to keep other participants’ ideas confidential and your participation in the workshop will be subject to other reasonable terms. We will not be liable if you are unable to attend on the day.
8. We are not responsible for lost, late or illegible submissions. You must retain a copy of your signed application form and the signed terms and conditions.
9. All decisions concerning applications and assessments of idea submissions and Projects are at our absolute discretion. Due to the volume of submission, only successful applicants will be contacted. No further correspondence will be entered into with Applicants.
10. You must be a UK citizen or permanent resident and at least 18 years of age to be eligible for consideration.
11. We are not liable for any loss or damage or injury whatsoever (including without limitation consequential, incidental, special, or punitive) which is sustained (directly or indirectly) by you or any other Applicant in connection with this Call out except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
12. All personal information will be collected and stored by us in accordance with the [Privacy Act 1993.] We may use your personal information for the purposes of the Call out. You have the right to access your personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act. Please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org Your name and photograph may be used for publicity purposes in connection with this Call out.
14. These terms and conditions constitute the entire understanding and agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior understandings, whether written or oral. Any subsequent modification or waiver of these terms and conditions must be in writing, signed by both of you and us. The invalidity of any provision hereof is not to affect the remaining provisions.
Applications are open from Wednesday 10th July with potential participants asked to submit a 400 word proposal through the dedicated New Blood page on the FrightFest website and if selected, each writer is expected to submit the first ten pages of their script idea. The deadline is Wednesday 31st July. All successful applicants will be notified by early August and then will be requested to send over their sample script pages. All participants are expected to pay for their own travel and accommodation.
FrightFest 2019, 20th anniversary edition, runs 22nd to 26th August.
You have read and understood the terms and conditions? Good.
Now tell us about your idea HERE
Continued use of both the website and the forum implies that you are happy with our policy
FrightFest is the registered trade mark of London FrightFest Limited. © 2000 - 2019.
This web site is owned and published by London FrightFest Limited.