Want to See Kristen Stewart Star in the 'Martyrs' Remake?

Chat here about anything horror related. Be it movies, news, remakes or events.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Want to See Kristen Stewart Star in the 'Martyrs' Remake?

Post by Maniacal »

What a night. Fearnet caught up with Twilight producer Wyck Godfrey this weekend who chatted briefly about the quite-alive remake of Pascal Laugier's Martyrs, and dropped a few nuggets of laugh-out-loud information. Get this: "I think it's not remake-able in its form for an American audience." OK. Then he dropped this whoopper: "We're doing it for an American audience with an American cast," dropping this brilliant casting idea out there, "I would love for Kristen to do it." When he says "Kristen" he's referring to that lovable and charming Kristen Stewart. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing her knocked around a bit -- but seriously, COME ON! As the great Biff Tannen once said, "Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly. Think!"
Source: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/20557

:? ...oh dear

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Re: Want to See Kristen Stewart Star in the 'Martyrs' Remake?

Post by krispyg »

Surely this will never ever get off the ground?? Could you imagine it with a 15 certificate?
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

She's certainly doing the rounds, ole Kristen (she's in everything!) This sort of thing makes me really sad - it will never be as hard hitting (or good) as the original, please don't mess up this one!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Good lord
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

kimblebee wrote:She's certainly doing the rounds, ole Kristen (she's in everything!) This sort of thing makes me really sad - it will never be as hard hitting (or good) as the original, please don't mess up this one!
Was the original such a big hit that they believe a remake will appeal to anyone but a tiny niche market. Even horror fans were quite marmite on the film. Just don't understand the thinking behind this at all?
"The little pissed Welsh tit is here. And pissed"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

As long as they hire a really crappy stunt coordinator and the guy that beats her up is actually someone from the local jail who has a problem with the inconsistancies in Stephanie Meyers books and their transformation into hollywood blockbusters.... :D
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
gregjames
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by gregjames »

They may well do this but, as seems to be happening with the remake of Old Boy, they'll cut the material that made the original unique so that they don't offend the delicate sensibilities of American gumbies.