TV Eye

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

Satans Puppy wrote: Summer Glau was the girl from serenity...
I prefer to think of her as the girl from Mammoth.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

cinema trailer for doctor who..!!??

is this at the multiplexes? how long is it ? etc..
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

its at multiplexes, its under 2 mins long and plays just as the programme begins.. before the Carlton (?) Advertising reel

but guess what, thisll save you an admission ticket:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wSMOWO9r8JU

EDIT: like buses.. two links appear at same time lol
Last edited by ghouldrool on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
django
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by django »

cinema trailer for doctor who..!!??
A bit more info about said trailer!.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a88393 ... nemas.html

And here's the thing itself, enjoy!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33XBnt_KZs
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

excellent work! looks very nice indeed. it still could and should have been more punchy though, seemed a bit subdued considering the money they must have spent in putting it onscreen.

i heard a rumour a couple of years ago that they were planning a feature film (ie cinema release) at some stage - perhaps this will happen (?)

i also heard that davros would be returning - was this confirmed?
django
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by django »

i also heard that davros would be returning - was this confirmed?
Warning, Possible Spoiler!.

I don't know if this is 100% true but allegedly Davros will be coming back, the only "proof" of this is a rumour that the company that makes the Dr Who Action figures made a slight faux pas and announced details of their Autumn range a bit earlier than they should have done, amongst other things listed, there was a "Series 4 Davros" figure, as I say, I'm not privvy to any inside information or anything, this is just a rumour that's being discussed on some of the Dr who forums at the moment.

In my opinion though, if Davros is to make a return I think the BBC will let us know soon enough, it's not the sort of thing they'll keep secret as it's bound to get a few more viewers.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

I heard the rumour about Davros returning last year but then they went with the Dalek Sek idea (a bad idea, as it turned out) and I thought that was the end of that... haven't heard any recent rumblings but it would be cool if it does happen. Sure the Beeb would have let something slip by now though, remember how The Master's return was such a poorly kept secret...

Watched Ashes To Ashes tonight; my initial reaction being exactly the same one I had to hearing the news of a Cloverfield sequel - WHY? It wasn't bad, per se, but why bother when you're just re-treading old ground... anyway, will see how it goes...

Interesting to read Kevin's comments on s3 of Prison Break - I think it's been by far the weakest season of the three, the story has really been treading water, although I have to admit this week's episode was slightly better.

So much stuff on at the moment... have still got Supernatural to watch after recommendations on the forum.
First things first, stay calm.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

This weeks PB was really nerve wrecking and finally the plot seems to be moving. As much as i am enjoying it now i have to agree with it being the weakest of the 3. It took many episodes for this season to pick up whereas by ep 1 of season 1 i was hooked and season 2 was such a new format it was compelling from the first few seconds.

i would hope this is the last season of PB
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Well with the Spin off starting This year... (Womens Prison) I think maybe Prison break has one more season in it, just so they can set up the new series as a stand alone... :)

House is now finished until the Writers strike is over!!!! Can't believe we now have to wait, cna hollywood not see how integral these people are and that they deserve what they're asking for?!?!

With DVD sales on the decline though and digital media/HD media, they're prolly stashing all the profits away for a rainy day.
Team Banzai
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Team Banzai »

really enjoyed ashes 2 ashes. some great songs and iconic scenes.
i can see the "what's the point" argument but it's good fun telly.
i usually use the tv pages of heat magazine as a good barometer of taste - yes amongst the celeb pics and scandals there is some good tv writing - and they gave the 1st episode 4/5 and next weeks 5/5.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

well they must be watching a different show.

Alex Drake is by far the s.exiest character on tv at the moment though. This weeks was certainly a slight improvement on the first.

recent bbc co-production Atilla The Hun was a worthwhile use of an hour, if you can catch in on bbc's iplayer then i recommend it. it really should have been a multi episode series though

Lost is once more back to what it does best with Sayids flash forward showing that this new twist might not be such a bad idea after all.

Prison Break has only two more episodes to go this season which is a shame as it really doesnt need another full season.

Torchwood was a bit of a strange one and very seen it all before. but it was an interesting change of pace and im glad Rhys is still in on it all. i see theyve started showing the following ep on bbc3 after but ill stick with the bbc schedule.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles is starting this week so we shall see if its as bad as it looks.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

If you didn't catch the one off drama Being Human on BBC3 this week it is repeated tomorrow night (Sunday 24th) on BBC3 at 10pm.

It's about a flatshare between a vampire a werewolf and a ghost. Witty script, great special effects, great acting and an opening scene taken straight from American Werewolf In London.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

I've got that on Sky+ but haven't watched it yet... hope it's better than Phoo Action which was on BBC Three last week, that was simply awful...

Just prepping my next column, should focus on some of the new US shows to hit our screens...
First things first, stay calm.
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

this weeks Ashes to Ashes was a much stronger effort.

Looking forward to seeing Phils thoughts on the upcoming American shows but am currently reeling from this news:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/1 ... index.html

So we will not get 24 Day 7 until January 2009!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

series 7 of 24 ye gods i lost interest and got bored during series 4,how are they dragging this out :?:
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"