The Gaming Thread

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Well its been 8 days of my free time spent not working on my new blog installment but playing Viking Battle For Asgard,and 8days of fun and much thumb hammering.
Summoning dragons,killing giants,defeating champion enemies,in the most gruesome ways,hamstring slicing,face stabbing,decapitating baddies its all here and what joy its been.
Theres fierce battles involving dragons, giants and huge amounts of troops,the graphics are great,the score and sounds are a little disappointing,and the voices are weak not even Brian Blessed is enough,even though his voice is unique but for me those are the only weak points.
i have not had one glitch with this game,no sticking points,its been play tested well and with just the right difficulty curve to keep you playing to get over that difficult part.
i hadnt been playing my xbox in a while but this has reinvigorated my gaming appeal,i shall go back to Assasins Creed,finish off Bullet witch for the 4th and fifth times,and see if i can get through Ninety Nine Nights.
phew now i best get some ice for my thumbs
:D
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I've returned to Saints Row, getting ready for GTA at the end of the month although Frightfast may event will hamper my GTA gaming experience .... boo hiss!!!

But gonna tuck into Knights Of The Old Republic again too... tee hee... fun fun fun...
James W
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by James W »

Guys (and gals)

apologies for the delay in Condemned 2 review, my Father took a fall recently and getting back to (almost) normality has taken sometime.

Will be back on track soon as

James
And it's hello from me, "Hello"

You might know me from such places as FrightFest, Horror Channel, Beyond and many many more!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

No need to apologise James

Theres so many games out there these days hard to keep track of them all.

i hope your dads making a good & healthy recovery.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

I'm not a big gamer - but I got hold of 'Dementium: The Ward' on the Nintendo DS over the weekend. I've not heard much about it (I just saw an advert for it in Rue Morgue magazine), but its neat little Silent Hill wannabe, and is actually pretty spooky and effective for a handheld game - it has made me jump a few times already, which must have made me look fairly odd when I was playing it on the train. My only concern is how short its going to be, as most adventure type games on the DS only seem to take a couple of hours to complete.

I don't think a European version is available yet, just a US version, so it may have to be imported, or gained by 'other' means if you're impatient.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

James W wrote:Guys (and gals)

apologies for the delay in Condemned 2 review, my Father took a fall recently and getting back to (almost) normality has taken sometime.

Will be back on track soon as

James
Can't play condemned, not after the first one.... barely got into the first one and I practically pooped myself.

Put it this way, splinter cell online scares me, I won't even leave vents for fear of what's lurking round the corner.... :D
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

The first Condemned had some superb set pieces, including at least one where you know exactly what's going to happen but it still makes you jump... Played it on PC though as find first person games far more immersive on that platform, hope this sequel will be heading PC-ward too!

Just picked up Dark Sector for 360 but not gotten a chance to get into it yet thanks to being addicted to both PGR4 - still! - and also Stuntman:Ignition (on PS3, I know there's no rumble but it actually controls a bit better which takes it from just-damn-frustrating to just-one-more-run...)
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

AndyJWS wrote:
Just picked up Dark Sector for 360 but not gotten a chance to get into it yet
I fancy that one too... not finished condemned 2 yet tho.....

the new alone in the dark has been dated for June.. i hope it doesn't slip again.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
McReadys Beard
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by McReadys Beard »

I recently became a gaming convert and purchased a 360. After losing many many days finishing "gears of war" I find myself in a pickle! I am currently playing Viking: battle for asgard and am stuck. Could anybody please shed some light on how I actually lower the drawbridge! I have managed to get everywhere else on the map but cannot see how i lower this bloody thing! Any help will be much appreciated
I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

McReadys Beard wrote:I recently became a gaming convert and purchased a 360. After losing many many days finishing "gears of war" I find myself in a pickle! I am currently playing Viking: battle for asgard and am stuck. Could anybody please shed some light on how I actually lower the drawbridge! I have managed to get everywhere else on the map but cannot see how i lower this bloody thing! Any help will be much appreciated
The 1st island has its drawbridge mechanism on the roof or in the building you go around to the far left and you will see a space on the fence to climb over,from there on in it should be simple to see,kill a few baddies hanging around lower climb up the vinery on the side of the building this takes you up to the rooftop of the draw bridge kill the guards then drop down into a room and kill what guards there are find the mechanism lower the drawbridge then your troops can cross ready for an assault later on.
hope this helps :D
McReadys Beard
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by McReadys Beard »

Grindhouse wrote:
McReadys Beard wrote:I recently became a gaming convert and purchased a 360. After losing many many days finishing "gears of war" I find myself in a pickle! I am currently playing Viking: battle for asgard and am stuck. Could anybody please shed some light on how I actually lower the drawbridge! I have managed to get everywhere else on the map but cannot see how i lower this bloody thing! Any help will be much appreciated
The 1st island has its drawbridge mechanism on the roof or in the building you go around to the far left and you will see a space on the fence to climb over,from there on in it should be simple to see,kill a few baddies hanging around lower climb up the vinery on the side of the building this takes you up to the rooftop of the draw bridge kill the guards then drop down into a room and kill what guards there are find the mechanism lower the drawbridge then your troops can cross ready for an assault later on.
hope this helps :D
Thank you so much for that although you have now inadvertently helped me to waste more hours in front of the xobx ha ha!!
I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Heres another tip,when confronted by a few baddies, in a camp, draw them away for some discreet killing,that way they wont alert the others and you can carry on killing without being swamped by them and being overwhelmed save as much money as you can and get all the fighting skills as soon as possible,get used to using the axes on sentry guards.power up your soldiers as often as you can you will get an achievement for 500 soldiers powered up with magic
and in the end have fun,and see if you can beat 42 achievements as thats what i got up to before i gave it back to BBs

McReadys Beard
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by McReadys Beard »

Grindhouse wrote:Heres another tip,when confronted by a few baddies, in a camp, draw them away for some discreet killing,that way they wont alert the others and you can carry on killing without being swamped by them and being overwhelmed save as much money as you can and get all the fighting skills as soon as possible,get used to using the axes on sentry guards.power up your soldiers as often as you can you will get an achievement for 500 soldiers powered up with magic
and in the end have fun,and see if you can beat 42 achievements as thats what i got up to before i gave it back to BBs

You have laid down the gauntlet now Grindhouse, let battle commence!!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Next time someone asks for help in this thread can we please use the classic....

Gamesmaster... I can't.....

Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

GTA is almost here!!!!