The Gaming Thread

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Beowulf, anybody else found this a demoralising slog of a game?
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

Ive on played Beowulf on the PSP, and i found it frustrating to say the least.. Just a repetitive hack'n'slash game with no rewards!

On my way to my local Blockbuster now to get GTA4 :D
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

im leaving GTA4 well alone, i still have GTA San Andreas triple pack for the Xbox they are huge games so many missions sub-missions etc,the musics fab though.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

i like retro consoles and have been supplied with a PS2 from a freind,well it was his old one.
so what games are worth having on the PS2,as they are just dirt cheap to buy.
i have picked up Devil May Cry 1 & 2, which seem ok but running round a mansion from resident evil 2 hardly seems much fun.

your recommendations most welcome but strictly PS2 titles as i have lots of platform X over titles on other formats.

no sports though.
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

what new games has anyone been playing?
i downloaded commando 3 wolf of the battlefield from xbox live arcade,its a fun cartoon style shooter.
James W
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by James W »

The Hulk and Iron Man, not at the sametime though!
And it's hello from me, "Hello"

You might know me from such places as FrightFest, Horror Channel, Beyond and many many more!
arrangedletters
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by arrangedletters »

max payne is a very good ps2 title. I also rather enjoyed the original manhunt. Also must have games are ico and shadow of the collosus. both rather fabulous. I've currently found my self drawn into final fantasy 12 despite claiming i hate the games..but what i really hated was the turn based style of gaming.. which has been eliminated sort of by the control system.. almost 50 hours of gaming later I've still no idea if i'm any where close to completing the swine. :lol:
[img]http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/48648/1218304903/queenvicassshakemk2.gif[/img] My "trying to get a piece of short fiction published in People's Friend magazine" Blog!! www.arrangedletters.blogspot.com
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I got the new Alone in the dark for xbox 360 yesterday - the controls are TERRIBLE!

But the new Metal Gear Solid game on ps3 is awesome.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
James W
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by James W »

maxmum wrote:I got the new Alone in the dark for xbox 360 yesterday - the controls are TERRIBLE!

But the new Metal Gear Solid game on ps3 is awesome.
AitD, yep having problems in that department too!
And it's hello from me, "Hello"

You might know me from such places as FrightFest, Horror Channel, Beyond and many many more!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Soulcalibur is on xbox marketplace to download its had a few tweaks but looks & plays fab :D
also been playing lately TMNT nobody would play this unless they like the TMNT games,this is as close to a platform game as there is,great fun & an easy 1000 gpoints
Conan a pretty ok game but nothing comes as close to mediocre,dull,mindnumbing,soulless as the incredible hulk,its gameplay is incoherent and makes little sense,with missions that dont follow on after each other and even worse,when achievement missions are completed,they arent granted to your gamerscore,avoid avoid avoid!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

so i dipped my foot into Sonys murky pool of HD gaming that is the the PS3,3 words describe this console's on line features a let down
well why did i get one,really for the blu ray player and that alone,but its menus are dull online features very poor,and not to mention no ethernet cable no hdmi,no head set no remote all had to be bought separately to complete a set up package.
theres just nothing online that comes out and grabs you to keep you interested,this is where the xbox excels and the PS3 fails the menus are like basic web pages,im not a firm believer in sonys ability to maintain the longevity of online gaming or support its console or its userbase,as usual with sony they dump the support,as they did with their NWA series of mp3 players,at least works well with the PS3,after a weekend of PS3 gaming,im pleased to go back to xbox live.
Metal gear solid 4
i just might have missed the boat on metal gear solid 4
i find it dull and from the opening cut scenes,defying logic and sense,machines that make the sound of cows,snake throwing a gun down only to run around with a knife in a gun battle,trying to be stealthy yet smoking a cigarette.
i just found it tedious,but might give it another try
RAMUK69
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Play with me.....RAMUK69

Post by RAMUK69 »

Im playing Puzzle Quest on xbox360 at the mo, I downloaded it from XBLA, I used to have it on the DS but its just as good on the big screen. Its just like all the other get 3 in a row gem games but you take it in turns against an oppenent who you have to kill by getting 3 skulls in a row. You can level up and learn spells by getting 3 purple stars. If you like puzzle games and rpgs your love this. My xbox live name is RAMUK69 if any one wants to play.

I'm playing Super Smash Brothers: Brawl on the wii also one mother isn't hogging the tv watching soaps downstairs. So many stickers and trophies to collect!
RAMUK69 Films - North Devon's No.1 Indie Film Company!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I just finished Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core on the psp - excellent, made me cry :cry:
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup