Getting to know you...

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Getting to know you...

Post by Mr Bill »

zappa fan wrote:You will need recovery time.
you will also need a dialysis machine and a good lawyer.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Don't forget to bring a chair, pillow and some salty snacks. It's also good to keep your wits about you if a random persons asks why you're queueing up. I vaguely remember a gentleman who looked like he would of torn out your throat with a dead squirrel if you asked him why he was sat outside The Empire, very humorous.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

Maniacal wrote:Don't forget to bring a chair, pillow and some salty snacks. It's also good to keep your wits about you if a random persons asks why you're queueing up. I vaguely remember a gentleman who looked like he would of torn out your throat with a dead squirrel if you asked him why he was sat outside The Empire, very humorous.
Apart from being stuck between being horrified at the idea of a squibble being dead (they're sooo cute) and used in the persuit of torture, please tell me there are no horrors with squirrels in and that that image came from your own rather terrifying brain? :wink:
Forum moderator, university Film Studies lecturer and movie journalist for mags including Little White Lies, Scream, Fangoria and the FrightFest eMagazine. I'm the one shaking and screaming at every screening.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Not to my knowledge, though "Night Of The Flying Squirrels" sounds beyond terrifying.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Is it not a giant squirrel that kills the girl behind the curtain in Cloverfield?
I swear that's what it looks like.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Getting to know you...

Post by daveroughcut »

I think the first Frightfest produced feature should be about killer squirrels.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Have you got a title in mind for this disturbing masterpiece?
Death with a Bushy Tail? Blood and Acorns? or maybe just Dawn of the Squirrels or Squirrel Holocaust.
I imagine the end result being something like Isolation, but with more fur. We could probably bait the BBFC into red flagging it just by calling it A Serbian Squirrel, the resulting controvercy could double our audience to, like...about twelve.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Squirrel-geddon
Nekro-squirrel
Boom Boom: Squirrel of Death
I spit on your accorn
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Catweazle
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Catweazle »

There's a giant toxic squirrel in Troma's 'Class of Nuke'm High 2: Subhumanoid meltdown'.

I love squirrels too (not literally you understand).
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Getting to know you...

Post by daveroughcut »

Rodenticidal 2: Reap The Squirrelwind. Straight to the sequel, shoot in the philipines.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

Catweazle wrote:There's a giant toxic squirrel in Troma's 'Class of Nuke'm High 2: Subhumanoid meltdown'.

Awesome film! Best giant toxic squirrel horror movie ever made, bar none.
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by DoctorKaren »

Mr Bill wrote:
Catweazle wrote:There's a giant toxic squirrel in Troma's 'Class of Nuke'm High 2: Subhumanoid meltdown'.

How many squirrel horrors are there? I do love squirrels and have the dubious honour of having a photo of one running straight up my leg for my nuts (it reached my thigh before I managed to shake it off). I was nearly a gonner.
Forum moderator, university Film Studies lecturer and movie journalist for mags including Little White Lies, Scream, Fangoria and the FrightFest eMagazine. I'm the one shaking and screaming at every screening.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

DoctorKaren wrote:
Mr Bill wrote:

How many squirrel horrors are there? I do love squirrels and have the dubious honour of having a photo of one running straight up my leg for my nuts (it reached my thigh before I managed to shake it off). I was nearly a gonner.
Squirrel horror? Well, there were the "Children of the (a)Corn" films... sorry :oops:
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

I like the idea of Squirrel Centipedes

Just think of it; 15 feet long, 100 legs, 25 bushy tails, and the one at the front will need to eat a lot of nuts.

An abandonned out of town acorn processing plant (they exist right?) forms the secret hideout of a deranged former vet, who was fired from his job after "the guinea pig incident" severely traumatised the entire of class 4C at the local primary school. This insane Dr Doolittle then re-tasks the factory lines to churn out over 50 "squirripedes" a day, after learning how much time he could save by using super glue instead of needle and thread. His obedient, but smelly, abominations would soon terrorise the surrounding countryside, arking gracefully over obstacles and eerily snaking out of trees to pounce on unsuspecting voles. Eventually a 25 man Navy SEAL team would be sent in to shut him down, and I imagine a fast and furious Aliens style first encounter, where terrified soldiers yell "they're coming out of the *** **** walls" over intercoms, as the president of the RSPCA monitors the opperation in real time, from the safety of the New Forest. The best bit would be that if you shot one, it would just split into two shorter strings of angry rodent terror, the stuff of nightmares- horror gold!
DoctorKaren
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re:

Post by DoctorKaren »

kimblebee wrote:Here's me and my fella (kimblebee and rawshark, respectively) :-) Had a wicked time this year and agree it was more hectic this time round than before which unfortunately meant that you didnt get to speak to anywhere near as many new or old faces... but will deffo be making a massive effort at the allnighter to be a sociable bunny and meet some new faces (providing we get tickets) :-s Image

I think your picture's been had away by the ghoulies, m'dear!