Annoying Movie Goers

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Annoying Movie Goers

Post by Kris »

Talking.
Messing about on mobiles.

The same thing. Is one worse than the other. Is it a personal thing which is worse?

I can tolerate a bit of chat amongst people during films, just remember others around you might like what you are not enjoying though.

Maybe, just maybe, for FF next year a set of rules, if you buy a ticket please agree to do this, that and the other and be nice to people around you.

Ian, Paul.... Thoughts on this issue please?
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

To be fair to the boys, with the number of folks that come to FF all they can do is print the rules out and remind people before the event begins when they're up on stage.

As for ET, I enjoyed both without intrusion so if it was my row, I got a higher tolerance for sleep talking than others :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

It definately wasn't me, or my group as far as I know. Anyone who actually knows me knows that I would never talk during a movie, and if I had a burning desire to say anything at all it would be whispered in the persons ear next to me and kept to one or two comments a movie. I am actually quite a quiet person. Definately crossed wires, but once an accusation has been made I can understand it's tough to admit it was a mistake.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

maxmum wrote: Definately crossed wires, but once an accusation has been made I can understand it's tough to admit it was a mistake.
Like its hard for your group to admit you were talking? I understand after you claim you don't talk during films and when its noticed that your group was talking its hard for you to put your hands up and say 'you know what yes we were making noise this time'.

It's not crossed wires at all. When we came in one of our group was grabbing a drink and said 'Our row is the one with Maxmum and Satans Puppy at the end' and during the film that where the noise was coming from.
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

So what does everyone suggest?
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Vampirella wrote:
maxmum wrote: Definately crossed wires, but once an accusation has been made I can understand it's tough to admit it was a mistake.
Like its hard for your group to admit you were talking? I understand after you claim you don't talk during films and when its noticed that your group was talking its hard for you to put your hands up and say 'you know what yes we were making noise this time'.

It's not crossed wires at all. When we came in one of our group was grabbing a drink and said 'Our row is the one with Maxmum and Satans Puppy at the end' and during the film that where the noise was coming from.
So talking at the end credits in unacceptable now as well?

I know for a fact I didn't talk during ET... I may have laughed once or twice along with other people for which I apologise.

Hatchet... there was definite laughter and squirming which I'm guessing Mr Green (Not me, the other one) was after when he went for the film but again, laughing with others around the cinema.

Deffo didn't partake in conversations during the films... I've seen them before and I bought the tickets because I KNEW I wanted to see them on the big screen having not had the opportunity before!

I'm one who gets annoyed with rustling wrappers, so there's no way I'd crack up conversations. Perhaps you need your night vision checked rather than accusing people in the Vicinity :) I thought the folks around us were well behaved although there were some girls on our row that left during hatchet for more booze
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

Satans Puppy wrote:
Vampirella wrote:

So talking at the end credits in unacceptable now as well?

I know for a fact I didn't talk during ET... I may have laughed once or twice along with other people for which I apologise.

Hatchet... there was definite laughter and squirming which I'm guessing Mr Green (Not me, the other one) was after when he went for the film but again, laughing with others around the cinema.

Deffo didn't partake in conversations during the films... I've seen them before and I bought the tickets because I KNEW I wanted to see them on the big screen having not had the opportunity before!

I'm one who gets annoyed with rustling wrappers, so there's no way I'd crack up conversations. Perhaps you need your night vision checked rather than accusing people in the Vicinity :) I thought the folks around us were well behaved although there were some girls on our row that left during hatchet for more booze

If by 'Credits' you mean the start middle and end... Then yes you did talk during the film. I even turned to one of my friends and went 'Who is that at the end of the row? they keep talking" the relpy? Satan's puppy.
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Best to agree to disagree?

I can't abide talking during films - if I find the girl that annoyed the hell out of my during 'My Name is Bruce' I will have to have words. Yes Kev was shouting out (but it was well timed and funny) that girl (the row behind Kev) who kept going 'ugh why can't he shut up' and tutting all the way through the film really irritated me! Its was a funny film which goes with audience participation. That girl was just plain rude, she went on for the whole film. I felt like going 'get over it love'