Dance of the Dead

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Dance of the Dead

Post by jonbly »

Excellent fun. The hitherto unsuspected susceptability of zombies to the power of rock was a nice touch.

"You've been playing for five hours?" "Hey, we needed the practice..."
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

This came completely out of left field, i fact I'd forgotten it was even on the programme and was expecting a Norwegian slasher movie to start. Really tickled my funny bone. "The brick channel, all brick, all the time"
kaiju
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

dance of the dead

Post by kaiju »

O.ne of my faves of the fest.as funny as any of the mainstream comedies that have been coming out(superbad etc)good gore.The coach was funny.the bully elbow dropping a zombie was cool andzombies launching out of graves was great.makes me wonder with the rock n roll thing if the director/writer has seen Wild Zero.
JoeyBroChill
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by JoeyBroChill »

Without doubt the best horror-comedy of the festival. I was really expecting this to be one of the movies to have a well-deserved kip in but it actually surprised me...one of my favorites so far!
[b]I no longer know who I am...and I feel like the ghost of a complete stranger[/b] -- Victor, [i]The Rules of Attraction[/i]

[b]FUCK YOU LANDIS/GREEN![/b] -- [i]The Man, The Legend, The Myth[/i] Joe Lynch!
Capt Bland
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Capt Bland »

must have been a dodgy pint - but I fell asleep and missed most of this, when I say most, I mean all

sorry if I upset anyone by snoring !
The bloddier, the better
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

Capt Bland wrote:must have been a dodgy pint - but I fell asleep and missed most of this, when I say most, I mean all

sorry if I upset anyone by snoring !
Same thing happened to me during Autopsy, completely passed out. And I did snore (apologies again to JimFear and Cat)
lone star
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by lone star »

One of the best of the fest for me :D . Totally enjoyable and very funny

After talking with others, seems this may be the "sleeper hit" of this years festival.

What helped this immensely is that it managed to keep zombies fresh (no pun intended) :lol: Most notable is the flying from the graves sequence.

Will keep an eye out for when this hits DVD
live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Scrof the Return »

Second to MMT by a hairsbreadth for me as film of the day, and very, very funny.
Fenriz
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Fenriz »

Yeah this was awesome, hilarious fun - Back To The Future meets Dawn Of The Dead!

Can't understand why it wasn't in the original line up and it was only a last minute addition (unless that was planned all along), cos it was easily one of the best of the festival

9.5/10
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Didn't try to be anything cleverer than it was.

Quite a surprise as I wasn't expecting much, but was good fun.

A good laugh and as for the 'brick channel' gag, pure comic genius.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

A great (and rare) example of how to make a comedy horror movie and get it right.

The makers of Trailer Park Of Terror, I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer and Autopsy (was Bubba's Chili Parlor meant to be comedy or not? :? ) should take note.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Laugh out loud funny and great horror moments too.

I went from thinking 'not more zombies' to loving this mainly due to the very witty script and great characters.

This really gave the festival a lift for me.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

This was one of my top fav's of the fest - originally one that had slipped my mind, striking me as a not-so-memorable title/concept, which turned out to be a blinder!! Great action, story, gags, and most importantly didn't take itself seriously at all! Can't wait til it comes out on DVD :-)
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Liked this one a lot. As someone who wouldn't get asked to a Prom in a million years if I went to Losergeek High, I certainly empathised with the film's group of heroes and that's one of the keys with horror comedy (unlike, say, I Know How Many Blah Blah Whatever where I couldn't give a damn whether they lived or died or just sat around doing sudokus). You've got to like these people and that's pretty well covered here. Exactly the kind of gear change required after Fear(s) of the Dark.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

YAY Teen Prom Horror !

(I have never been an american teen but I've watched one on TV)

Very good young cast, AND the coach too.
Vaguely reminded me of last year's Henry Rollins appearance ;)

Roll on the sequel (s) !
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest