Let The Right One In

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Let The Right One In

Post by DavieT »

Absolutely amazing movie - nothing about this I didnt like. Best of the Fest for me.
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Seconded...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
kaiju
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

let the right one in

Post by kaiju »

yeah i liked this,found it quite sweet.and nicely shot.kinda put me in mind of spiral from last year(that whole love story for weirdo's)Fave movie today.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

I think there was something in my eye when the lights went up on this :oops:

Really amazing film, best of the fest for me (yes even against the increadable Martyrs). Has the potential to do a Pan's Labyrinth and be one of those genre films that crosses over to a mainstream arthouse crowd and might even make an impact in the awards season.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

jonbly can't be quite so rah-rah-rah about this one... good, but not awesome. Not sure why, though.
SnrDouche
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by SnrDouche »

Very good film and thoroughly enjoyed. I really liked the idea of a childhood love story done in the horror genre. Very sweet.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Undoubtedly the best film of the weekend for me.

I really liked the mixture of innocence with some quite adult content, and there were some nice original twists on the vampire myth - like the woman who never really knew what had happened to her, but just wanted to die.

And with the whole look and style being so low-key, the little unexpected bits of special FX were incredibly effective - the scene with the cats was amazing!
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Scrof the Return »

Love the vampire genre in general but when something this original comes along it's just irresistable. Fabulously acted by the young leads and beautiful to look at. The pacing was perfectly judged as well, so yes, film of the weekend for me too. :)
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Loved it.

Best in the fest for me and by quite a large margin as well.
Fenriz
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Fenriz »

very sweet pre-pubescent vampire love story. I didn't really enjoy this one as much as everyone else seemed to, but I don't have anything bad to say about it

7/10
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Liked this a lot.

Great acting and beautifully shot. Some really touching and funny moments.

Loved the...

***spoiler***

...swimming pool bit - you know she's going to come back and help but the way it was shown was just genius!
Stark
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Stark »

Sweetest film at Fright Fest (not saying much I know!)... but seriously, a beautiful, touching movie...

Loved the head sinking in the pool!

Really didn't have a clue that Eli was a boy though... definately going to have to read to book now!
They're coming for you Barbara...
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Just stunning. It brought a tear to my eye. Beautifuly written and acted it was one of the stars of the weekend.

I went and got the book today, as I want to learn what was missing from the film. Hopefully the book will touch me as much as the film did.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

This was beautiful in so many ways and the extra delight of the author's perspective on the story and the film were worth the proportionate cost of this film and the three I did not see ;)
One of my favourit films ever is "My Life as a Dog" and this deserves the title "My Life as a Vampire".

Also from the Q&A God bless america for their alternate titles.
As I mentioned to people mostly too young to know what I was referring to, only in america can it be deemed suitable to rename a book from a Morrissey song to an Osmonds song.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I really liked this, which surprised me as I didn't know what to expect (never read the book). It's gorgeous to look at and absorbing to watch. I don't know that I'll get it on DVD, but it is a superbly made and shot piece of work.