Turkey Shoot

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Turkey Shoot

Post by odishon »

Found this strangely watchable, even at the late hour - or maybe because of the late hour!

Bit slow at times but some fun touches and the werewolf-type guy provided a great wtf moment!
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

I did want to see this, but train times made it a no-no. I stayed just long enough to see Brian May's credit for the Turkey Shoot score, because he scored most of those Australian exploitation films and he was great. I'll probably rent the DVD at some stage.
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

This just like all of the films on the day i had wanted to see for the first time.
Very dissapointed that myself and my pals ended up leaving half way through as we could no longer handle the painful soundtrack.
It was cranked up so loud and distorted it became quite uncomfortable :(
Was getting quite into it as well so was a shame.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I always skip the late-nighters but I've seen the film before and I'd have been happy if it had been on earlier in the day!

(For anyone trying to find it on DVD, it's called Escape 2000 on region 1 and has also been available as Blood Camp Thatcher)
kitkat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by kitkat »

I also had to leave before this one started but have consoled myself with a region 2 copy from Amazon (second hand for 4.50).
splittter
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by splittter »

Really enjoyed this. Have been meaning to see it for ages ... since I was a teenager trying to get hold of everything on the video nasties list really :) It didn't disappoint at all, and I'll definitely be getting the DVD now. Especially enjoyed the freak bloke, and the way he killed the ginger dude by essentially just doing WWE wrestling moves on him (ending with a deadly backbreaker) ... obviously those guys are in far more danger than you'd think :). Personally I quite enjoyed the score, even thought to myself I'd like to hear it outside the film just to see if it stood up at all.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

splittter wrote:Personally I quite enjoyed the score, even thought to myself I'd like to hear it outside the film just to see if it stood up at all.
Unfortunately, Brian May's score hasn't seen a CD release thus far. Many of his others have, though most of them are rare and expensive imports. Mad Max is probably his best score.

PS: Welcome! Enjoy!
Tragedygirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tragedygirl »

Much to my surprise I was really enjoying this - up to the point when the volume starting to get ear piercingly uncomfortable - and my little gang decided to call it quits and leave :cry:

Will definately try and source this film and watch it properly all the way through.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I have this now but after sitting through not quite hollywood not sure if I want to bother watching it! lol!

But I will sometime this week.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
killbot
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killbot »

The Soapmaker wrote:I always skip the late-nighters but I've seen the film before and I'd have been happy if it had been on earlier in the day!

(For anyone trying to find it on DVD, it's called Escape 2000 on region 1 and has also been available as Blood Camp Thatcher)
I love this film - it's great fun, and after seeing NQH its lent yet another layer of entertaining chaos.

It's worth noting that it is also available on UK R2 as Turkey Shoot.
killbot
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by killbot »

The Soapmaker wrote:I always skip the late-nighters but I've seen the film before and I'd have been happy if it had been on earlier in the day!

I love this film - and seeing it after NQH and knowing more about the shoot adds yet another layer of entertaining chaos!

Its worth noting that it's also available in UK R2 under the Turkey Shoot title.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Have to admit by this point I was getting a tad sleepy.

It was a bit slow going. Once it going loved the shoot ups. That werewolf? Very random very amusing.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

this was great, typifieds what exploitation movies are all about. soundtrack was well rubbish but that just made the film even better :D
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Turkey Shoot

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Shudder
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey