DRAG ME TO HELL WITH SAM RAIMI 24 MAY AT THE ICA

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
dr_loomis
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

done. stoked.

Post by dr_loomis »

got my sweet, sweet tickets (and what lovely people in the "queue").
You'd better get yourself a garlic T-shirt, buddy, or it's your funeral.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

nekro wrote:gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! sold out :cry:

Insert rude word here. This has not been a good week so far! :(
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

Grindhouse wrote:im sitting this one out,the event timing and trains from London make it unworkable,unless i drove there, but im very envious & wish everyone an awesome time in the company of the great Sam Raimi.
if there is a chance for signings to be done, i would really love someone to take my evil dead book of the dead,you know the rubber faced one to be signed.
i would be very grateful :wink:
I don't mind doing it for you if you want :)
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Obi-Wan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Obi-Wan »

Message for the Frightfest guys - are you able to get hold of a few posters of the film for us to get signed?
Fortune and Glory kid, Fortune and Glory!

On Facebook - Gary Mancini

http://www.myspace.com/mancinipicturesltd
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Wow, looks like I was lucky to get my tickets as I couldn't start ringing until 12.04 due to being in work.

Very excited now!
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

im pretty sure i have some some posters of Sam Raimi's movies
Darkman
spiderman trilogy
The gift
and can certainly source other titles if anybody would like me too.
just pm me
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Managed to get my ticket earlier - there was only a small number of people in the queue.

Maybe the cinema store could have a small stall selling posters/merchandise on the day for anyone that wants it!
Giz
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Giz »

Satans Puppy wrote:
Giz wrote:Sold out in 6 and a half minutes!
Wish I didn't know about it now!
Not even going to ask for spare tickets,but any chance of an extra showing?
Damn frightfests poularity!
Aww Giz... I very nearly bought 3!!! so I could do the extra thing... but my card wouldn't permit it... :(

Beg to Ian... Beg and then when he refuses... CURSE Him.... hold on.... :wink:
I've been lucky before with these events,so can't be too grumpy.

BUT...If there was a way for me to get an Evil dead poster signed,I would do whatever was requested of me! :wink:
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

would have loved to go but we'll be up north visiting family, having barbeques and I'll be getting my foot tattooed. Should be good fun too!
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
django
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by django »

Anyone out there with a spare ticket and a sympathetic ear?, I was on the phone at bang on 12.00 and after 15 minutes of re-dialing and being held in a queue I finally got through only to be told it had sold out!, I'm gonna be gutted to miss this, I'm a huge fan and this'll be the first London event I'm gonna miss, please help a Frightfester in distress :) .
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

I'm sorry that many of you didn't get tickets. However, the plan is to film the whole event so if you were unfortunate enough not to get a ticket, you will be able to see what goes on.
django
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by django »

the plan is to film the whole event so if you were unfortunate enough not to get a ticket, you will be able to see what goes on
Great!, reminds me of when Jim Bowen used to say "let's have a look at what you could have won!" :) .

On a serious note though, is there a reason this event is being held at the ICA?, there was obviously going to be a huge demand for tickets but you're holding it in the smallest venue you use in London, in the past you've used the Odeon West End, the VUE and Cineworld Trocadero, surely one of those would have been more appropriate for this event.
trixybella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by trixybella »

I will be spending the day with a bunch of elderly relatives, so technically I'll already have been "dragged to hell" by the time you lot even sit down!
Have you heard of my friends capital letter and comma?

No? Well perhaps you should try them sometime... correct usage will do wonders for your social life.
Melvin Junko
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Melvin Junko »

iomega wrote:the plan is to film the whole event so if you were unfortunate enough not to get a ticket, you will be able to see what goes on.
I thought it's illegal to make cam jobs at the movies :)
You can't do nothing right, Cooper! You stupid sonofabitch! You should have been destroyed at birth! That's what I get for teaming up with a hippie!
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

It's amazing, i had a head's up WEEKS before this and still i forgot to get a ticket! :cry:

It's for the best though. 1- i'm not the greatest raimi fan. (i only have 'the gift' and army of darkness on VHS in my collection.)
2- my friend wants to watch it, so this will be part of our little date/catch up.

Though i'm so getting my ticket for june's midnight movie VERY EARLY! Like this friday early! :D