DRAG ME TO HELL WITH SAM RAIMI 24 MAY AT THE ICA

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Malachi wrote:

Sam Raimi will be signing at Forbidden Planet London on Sunday 24, May, 4:00PM - 4:30PM along with stars of the film Justin Long and Alison Lohman.

http://forbiddenplanet.com/Signings.html
Oh

well i wish i knew that before i booked my coach i will be too late for it :(
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

I'm putting together a gallery of images from the Drag Me to Hell screening. Has anybody got any they would like included. I will credit all included.

Send to info-frightfest@blueyonder.co.uk
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Will be sending mine through shortly Mr I :)

Well what a fantastic movie, Maxi & I found it most enjoyable and just goes to show that a PG13 Horror can be done well... although they shouldn't be advertising it as a straight horror, the teens in these fair British Isles just won't understand what they're seeing... they're not too bright :D

Just... ahhhhhhhh and I know it's Lionsgate who probably said no to the signing but I was a little miffed that I'd traveled all that way and didn't get to take a piece of my idol home with me :( woulda got the 8am coach and traveled the five hours to queue up at forbidden planet... But that's not the FF Boys fault, sure they faught the corner for a signing as they did when Jessica Alba was dragged off by her entourage for the screening of the Eye... Mr Ian single handedly fending off bodyguards and PA's to drag Jessica back into the screening room to ahem... please us all :)
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I have a few good photo's I will send through, just got to take my Mum to see Angels and Demons then i will upload them.

Yes, what a blast that movie was - the most fun I have had watching a movie in ages. Just what I expected from Raimi's return to horror - fun, in your face, hilarious and crazy. Loved every minute of it. Yes a lot of it has been seen before etc but it was so much fun I forgove any flaws.

My Fave bit was the sceance with the spanish (i think) lady about 2 /3rds of the way through...I wont post any spoilers yet but my gosh, everyone go see this immediately if you were unlucky with the tickets for yesterday.

Yes, as Puppet stated above very dissapointing not to get a chance to get an autograph on my evil dead box set or even to get a Drag me to Hell poster after a 15 hour round trip....if I hads known that the signing at forbidden planet was on before i booked my coach tickets I would have gone there but yes, very dissapointing. So dont worry if you missed the premier - you didn't miss anything too important, if I had managed to get an autograph this would have been the best event I have been to in ages and worth such a long journey just for one movie!

And the Q and A was videod so you should be able to see that before you know it!
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Forgot to mention.... Mr O and Lady D, lovely to meet meet you... well Doris, it was lovely to meet you :D
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

For those who weren't there (i only saw phil), the forbidden planet signing was very intense. they got through 79 people (i was second to last!:shock: ) in the half an hour-ish time that was allocated.

Sam raimi was an abosolute gent, very kind and grateful. Alison lohman was the shyest sweetest thing, and justin long was a very cool and very funny guy indeed.

Believe me, waiting out in the que in the baking sun was such an ordeal. I had to put on a bandana and have my cool mist spray AND two drinks to keep myself going!

I hope del toro's singing is on a slightly cooler day.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

A really good night yesterday - Drag me to Hell was Raimi back on form and it was really good to see the great man in the flesh.

Many thanks to Lionsgate, the ICA, and the Frightfest team for organising the event.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Satans Puppy wrote:Forgot to mention.... Mr O and Lady D, lovely to meet meet you... well Doris, it was lovely to meet you :D
Oh yes - your both really lovely! Nice to meet some truly friendly people there :D
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
chief brody
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chief brody »

Sam Raimi at the top of his game, was great to experience the film last night with fellow Fright festers. Good time was had by one and all, had the privelage to meet the great man at The Forbidden Planet, real pleasure to meet. As i walked in he shakes my hand and says Sam Raimi, pleased to meet you, i was blown away (as if he needed to say who he was!). That was the real wow moment. Hi to Rob, Dino and Kev, and well done to team Fright fest. Special hi to Jake West, break a leg on Doghouse.
"YOU"RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT."
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

I've uploaded a video I shot of the event (with Q&A) which you can watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzcaBzD2pek

Overall a great event, the movie was excellent with plenty of scares. Just wish I grabbed an autograph when I saw Sam Raimi in the toilets rather than expect a signings after the movie which (obviously) didn't happen.

Thanks to everyone who made this happen.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Just to let you all know that a FrightFest TV special filmed at Sunday's event, which includes interviews with Sam Raimi and the cast will be on-line later today. The Q&A, which was also filmed, will be in the next podcast due out in the next week or so.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

saw this last night and i thought it was superb :D

so many memorable scenes 8)
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

I couldn't get tickets for the ICA show, but I managed to see it today, and I loved it!

My cat-loving girlfriend found the kitty sacrifice scene a bit much though, and had to run out of the cinema when that happened!
Oly
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Oly »

He should be baned from work... unless I miss the point of the movie thinking that is a movie insted a film for children cirka 8-11 years old with an intention of showing the movie with UNICEF all over.
Have a lovely day