Triangle

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
macready
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by macready »

Also a little underwhelmed here, though I did enjoy the movie. Comparisons to Time Crimes (which in turn reminded me of the Jim Belushi movie Retroactive from the 90s) are inevitable, and it does suffer in comparison. Some of the choices made are a little strange (why does Jess stand there and watch here double accidentally kill that guy when she could save him and gain an ally?), not all of the copies of Jess are explained and the timelines are a little off - e.g. why is the fruit fresh when they come onboard and rotten soon after? Never explain enough IMHO.

I don't mind the lack of a solid explanation, but the internal logic wasn't consistent enough for me to really recommend it.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

It really did nothing for me, not a bad film by any means but I wouldn't buy it to enjoy again at home which is usually a selling point of any film.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

I just loved Melissa Georges little dance every time the Empire music played. That girl is cute as all hell.
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

AdeBrown wrote:Oh I liked the taxi driver of death, and that it was completely underplayed.

(Unless it wasn't)
I didn't get that at all when watching it, although the way he started blurred and moved into focus made him look really creepy and not entirely human.

I enjoyed this when I watched it, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to see it again. There were some good moments, but I agree with the comparisons to Time Crimes (which I also much preferred) and the poster who commented on the other characters - I didn't feel able to engage with them, it was only really Jess's character who I felt I knew anything about by the end.

O/T, but wasn't the taxi driver in this film the same guy who was the first to get killed in The Horsemen?
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
AndyJWS
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AndyJWS »

Enjoyed it - yes, some elements had been done before but it was done really well, with some nice twists and a feel of crushing inevitability at times... and looked and sounded brilliant.

And a little less Triangle or even Circle than Big Kind of Ball of Wibbly-wobbly Timey-wimey Stuff ;)
"There is no Good, there is no Evil... There is only flesh..."
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Triangle

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on FreeVee, Plex and PlutoTV.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey