Pontypool

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Pontypool

Post by kimblebee »

Its a real shame this couldn't have been on in the main screen - just about everyone I have spoken to who has seen it loves it. It was gripping, well-written, and at no point was I aware of the fact that it was all set in one location (which is something that normally narks me in a film). I am definitely going to order the book, and can't wait to see what the guys come up with next!
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Pontypool

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

kimblebee wrote:Its a real shame this couldn't have been on in the main screen - just about everyone I have spoken to who has seen it loves it. It was gripping, well-written, and at no point was I aware of the fact that it was all set in one location (which is something that normally narks me in a film). I am definitely going to order the book, and can't wait to see what the guys come up with next!
I totally agree, looked great on that small screen and would of been fantastic on the larger too, a very subtle horror that deserves to do well.
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
tschill
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by tschill »

Very interesting idea. Made the most of its premises. Though the film lost its track at the end (why dropping the linguistic questions in favour for a *real* zombie movie?) I am eager to see the two announced sequels.
voor
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by voor »

Definitely a brilliant film as I've remarked a thousand times by now. Though the book will definitely be a surprise to everyone who expects something evne remotely like the film.

I'd also like to draw everyone's attention to the fact that Pontypool was chosen to be the Radio Play for Canada's representation in Wolrd Drama: this year's theme was Science.

Canada's hour long play had the same cast and crew and director: just a different experience. You need to listen to it if you loved 'Pontypool' the film.

Here's the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/arts/ ... udio.shtml
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Just noticed the ICA is showing Pontypool from 23 to 29th October and 31st October.
Oly
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Oly »

Nice idea.

That girl, assistant, that became sick in the second part of the movie has a profile of someone who have never been to some war zone, as she was based on a script, so a group of us could never belive that she was there. That actress looks like, at least to me, that the worst thing that she saw was broken high hill on her shoes.They just had to find someone with a different look.

A friend of mine fall a sleep during the movie, but I did not, and I liked it.
Have a lovely day
supaclive
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by supaclive »

Is released on DVD and Blu Ray this Monday :-)
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Preordered :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Prime Video, Freevee, Shudder and Icon
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey