Jennifer's Body

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Jennifer's Body

Post by soulmining »

A late replacement for Daybreakers, and another film that we enjoyed seeing at TIFF 09, did everyone manage to stay awake for this one - and did anyone spot the Lance Henriksen cameo at the end of the film?

For more on Jennifer's Body then check out our new podcast which features my review of the film alongside soundbites from Megan Fox, Diablo Cody and Karyn Kusama which I managed to grab at the Midnight Madness premiere:

http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/?p=962
First things first, stay calm.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Excellent fun, good to see a mainstream horror that isn't basically, just not very good.

The relationship between Jennifer and Needy sort of took me back towards Ginger Snaps sort of territory. Which is not a bad thing as that is also a film that I really like.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

Ah ha!! So it was Lance Henriksen at the end, I thought I was imagining it - he's certainly looking his age!

I can't say that I am a Megan Fox fan at all (I wont go into a rant now), film was watchable but not great at all unless you like watching American Pie movies lol.
Last edited by pauluspink on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

This was for the me the worst of the night. Not all engaging on any level. The two characters had no empathy from me. Both characters I found irritating. There was not much of story for me to get engrossed in. Was thinking which age group or sex was the film aimed at.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Yeah, thought this was a complete mess too :(
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Mightily dissapointed with this,where was the quick snappy dialogue i was expecting,from the characters? nowhere to be heard,it seemed to just shrink away from its ambition,i expected a real bitch fest instead it was rather dull,megan fox cant save this one sorry but it was too long and a hot actress is nothing without a good story and sadly this lacked it,it might be jennifers body but its an empty vessel thats for sure.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Very mediocre - given the cast this should have been so much better.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I actually really enjoyed this one but felt it coulda been on earlier as snappy pop culture references at that time of the morning just went WOOSH!!! Right over me head with some of them...

Needy was a good character though :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

I feel it was better than most of the mainstream horror I have seen in the last year ie Haunting in Conneticut, Walled In, The Unborn and Case 39.

I didn't have any expectations of this so maybe that's why I did not feel disappointed. It's clearly horror for the younger end of the market, American Pie with fangs so to speak.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

too glossy for my liking, plot seemed a bit confised
PatrolDave
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by PatrolDave »

It was a hybrid and it was done really really well.
The script wasn't quite as good as Juno, but I'm sure that was perfect, so it's hard to follow up.

Loved the needy character and the relationship with her boyfriend.
Even though it was an 80's homage, it still reflects the era really well and I'm pretty sure I'll watch it in 20 years and remember 2009.
I have a trailer and everything;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1S-qvSjrY
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I really enjoyed this movie....good to see a decent movie with decent production values and a bit of money spent on it, but would rather see something that isn't out for a while and is some kind of preview. I could go 3 miles to my local cinema to see this this week.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

I really liked this as well, it was fun, fast and in yer face. Was very glossy, but I don't think that's such a bad thing, and after seeing Wrong Turn 3 before it, I was in the mood for something with some vaguely decent production values!

probably my favourite of the night.
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

Actually enjoyed this one. Felt it was aimed at the teenage 'Twilight' crowd but also felt it had a bit more of an edge to it than most teen films.

I enjoyed the script and good to see Mamma Mia's lead girlie in something a bit different.
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

oh and I nearly forgot - why did they play "Violet" by Hole over the ending credits? If they were going to pick a Hole song, surely "Jennifer's Body" would have been a better choice......!!!!!!!!!