Where are you sitting?

The movies of 2010 still live
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Where are you sitting?

Post by feggie »

We are in row EE i think seats 19 & 20, cant be arsed getting up.

Only just made it home from the sleepy queue, turns out it really is a long way from London to Glasgow. I know our immediate seat buddies and that seems pretty good. roll on August.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Where are you sitting?

Post by Maniacal »

A friend and myself will be in Q 32/33, we moved to the back this year to avoid as many heads as possible. :lol:

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
goregoregirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by goregoregirl »

I've got J 36 & 37. Bit further back than last year in a bid to actually be able to read the subtitles...
Twitter @goregoregirl
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

We got Row F... well 9 of us...

Me, Maxi, SarahP, Giz, Airdog, Mario, Gonzo, Rufus and his Lady
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

L27

was in the middle of G last year, going a bit further back and a bit to the side this time!
SatansLeftNut
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by SatansLeftNut »

Me and the missus are in row J 24&25, couldn't stay for The Final but popped in to check out our seats and they were awesome!
twitter.com/AlexGirling
macready
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by macready »

P22 - not my ideal choice (as the site picked it for me for some reason) but at least I should be able to read subtitles this year!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

I'll be keeping my eye on the Heckler at the end of Row E... who seemed to spend all his time talking through The Final rather then watching. Sure it was bad but you know... every film shown deserves respect, it was picked for a reason :D
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Those guys annoyed us too - some films are better with heckling, others not so much, but when you can't hear what is being said in the film because of people shouting random rubbish at the top of their voices, it becomes a little tedious...
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Satans Puppy wrote:I'll be keeping my eye on the Heckler at the end of Row E... who seemed to spend all his time talking through The Final rather then watching. Sure it was bad but you know... every film shown deserves respect, it was picked for a reason :D
Yeah, I'm in that row.... the film was utter bollocks but I'd still rather have listened to it than some twat trying to share his devastatingly witty insights with the rest of the room.

Maybe he'd been using his queueing time to take on an unwise amount of early-morning "refreshment".

A bit of heckling can be fun once a mood has developed and you can feel most of the audience going along with it (e.g. Giallo, Mirrors), but you don't want solo idiots thinking they're the entertainment. It's a cinema, not a comedy club.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Our group are in Q 17-21 - same seats as last year. I would have moved back to the tiered seating but there were no aisle seats available by the time I got to the front of the queue. STun is sat directly in front of us in P17. Quite happy with those seats though as they make for a quick exit/late entrance without disturbing anyone!
First things first, stay calm.
LeeManc
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeeManc »

Row DD 17 and 18

Hopefully the heckler isn't the drunk guy from last years 'Vampire girl vs...' who insisted on doing a fake laugh at the top of his lungs for 90% of the film, it was mildly amusing but definitely not as funny as he was making out.....twat
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by orlovsky »

The Soapmaker wrote: Maybe he'd been using his queueing time to take on an unwise amount of early-morning "refreshment".
If this is the person I think it is, he and his friends did, indeed imbibe an unearthly amount of "refreshment" during the sleepy queue and behaved remarkably embarrassingly. They did the same thing last year. I can only hope the T's & C's in with the weekend pass dissuade them from behaving this way during the festival.

</rant>
"I see the bad moon arising.."
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

me and my chap are lurking in C20 and C21.

Hope to god the hecklers are not behind us in August. They were annoying enough during the free screening.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
iateabee
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iateabee »

I'm sitting in seat A38 (front row, on the left side). I'm not sure I made the right decision. I love the front row for its immediacy and leg room (it's nice to have somewhere to put your bag) but of course being off to the side isn't ideal as it distorts your view of the screen a bit. Never mind; I'm sure it will be aces.

Here's a great piece about choosing the front row from Anne Billson (one of my favourite horror-lovin' movie critics):
http://www.theartsdesk.com/index.php?op ... y&Itemid=7