The Tortured

The movies of 2010 still live
Porkboy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: The Tortured

Post by Porkboy »

Crappy film-making, crap script, crap dialogue, crap acting, fucking crap editing = imagine the biggest pile of crap you have ever seen. Well, this is bigger.

Here was a great opportunity to present some interesting philosophical ponderings on revenge, how it makes us feel, who is the victim etc but instead we got the most cartoonishly 'evil' child killer in movie history, the most ridiculous prison break-out ever committed and the most unaggressive torture scenes I've ever seen. All wrapped up in an over-edited glossy celluloid parcel of shit which, no doubt, many a 14-year old will claim is "well phat" and "like, the most br00tal movie ever."

Is unaggressive even a word? Aah I'm past caring.

And what the fuck is up with those cheesy flashbacks? As if we didn't already know that a happy middle-aged upper middle-class couple would love their child, we had to get those shitty flashbacks just to hammer the point home.

Ok, so it wasn't the worst film of the festival (Damned By Dawn and Dead Cert were worse than this). But what a waste of a good idea! And that's what has made me so angry. Sorry everyone, sorry.

But at least we know what we have to do to get our sex lives back on track, should we find ourselves in that predicament. Kidnap the killer of your child - that'll bring the spice back into the bedroom and no mistake. Nothing says "pin me to the bed and wriggle around a lot in that way that we both find so agreeable" like the thought of torturing your son's evil killer.
"Last person I saw looked like you, I shot 'em in the face!"
"Shoot me in the face and I'll kick your ass!"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Watched French film called 7 days last night, the exact same premise... I'm guessing the tortured was based on the French film as parts play out exactly the same, although the father does it on his own in this one..

I still like both though
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I enjoyed this because it was a revenge movie and I like these a lot. Yeah the acting and writing wasn't great, but I could say that about a few films at FFest. It was entertaining and if you have children of your own like I do, it makes you think about how you would react in their situation. I imagine that I would want to get my own back, but when he died on the slab, I would have left it at that.

I think.
:D
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Porkboy wrote:And what the fuck is up with those cheesy flashbacks? As if we didn't already know that a happy middle-aged upper middle-class couple would love their child, we had to get those shitty flashbacks just to hammer the point home.
MIDDLE-AGED?

On that basis I am very nearly in my coffin. :|
Porkboy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Porkboy »

"MIDDLE-AGED? "
No, you're quite right. Compared to the actors who played the parents, we're all approaching retirement age.
"Last person I saw looked like you, I shot 'em in the face!"
"Shoot me in the face and I'll kick your ass!"