Buried

The movies of 2010 still live
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Buried

Post by nagelfar »

I loved it. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time, perfect twist and turns, an astounding main actor. Never would have thought, that 90min of a guy in a box could be that gripping. The end was bleak enough to leave a funny feeling in my stomach, could have done without the last "I'm sorry", though, just not necessary.
10/10
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Was not sure how this film was going to pan out. I thought it be flashbacks leading up to to being buried. Instead was pleasantly surprised the story unfolded by the phone calls. Totally engrossing. What a performance by Ryan Reynolds. What a ending. Just when you thought he might of got away but no. What a brave thing to have a grim ending.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Scrof the Return »

A definite Top 5 of the Festival. Such a simple premise made for an incredibly gripping and absorbing movie.
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

I cried in this film, it made me so emotional because the guy was so helpless and no one was helping him. Then there was a slight bit of hope and he still died. It really played on a bit fear that most people have and that's being burried alive, he had a chance because he had the phone but as you all saw, it didn't help in the end.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

Wonder if any people who bought individual tickets for A Serbian Film did actually leave and get a refund instead of watching this? Anyone see people leaving?
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

world_of_skin wrote:Wonder if any people who bought individual tickets for A Serbian Film did actually leave and get a refund instead of watching this? Anyone see people leaving?
I can't remember seeing anyone leave but I was really into the film so not sure
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

*** Spoilers ***

Did very well given there is only one setting and only one character ever on screen. It maintained my interest and had a good claustrophobic feel, while it was nice to see that there was no cosy, contrived ending. A few things about it did seem a little unrealistic though, so only 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Well if anything could have blown away my dissapointment at the withdrawal of A serbian film, this was it. As anyone who knows me knows I am an ardent fan of Ryan Reynolds, I love the guy to bits and no not just for his fair countenance and rippling bod, but I truly think he has awesome talent literally spilling out all his orifices.

So yes I was very happy with this as a replacement.

As one other person has already mentioned even the credits were superb, really hitchockian, and it just got better from there for me. I felt emotionally drained by the end and even had a few tears during. Amazing technical achievement and a fabulous performance. You have to have balls to take on a 90 min movie where it's notrhing but you in a box.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

maxmum wrote:Well if anything could have blown away my dissapointment at the withdrawal of A serbian film, this was it. As anyone who knows me knows I am an ardent fan of Ryan Reynolds, I love the guy to bits and no not just for his fair countenance and rippling bod, but I truly think he has awesome talent literally spilling out all his orifices.
I totally agree, he is fantastic, he's so talented and really does act his arse off in films. I agree about the body as well lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on ITVx, Plex and Icon.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey