How did you find the line-up overall..?

The movies of 2010 still live
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: How did you find the line-up overall..?

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

I Think the re-screening of a film with the director, cast or crew doing a live commentary in the Discovery screen is a cracking idea.
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Pretty good, and better overall than last year.
gazadams
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by gazadams »

:D
I could only do about two days of the Five . But had a great time overall . so well done fright fest . Loved getting Tobe hooper over . Not very talkative but was great too see him and get his autograph . Any chance of next year getting John Carpenter ? :shock:

Here are my thoughts on want i watched -

Dead Cert - was very dissapointed in this . Thought it could of been so much better ! Loved the idea but...
Really enjoyed meeting the cast . For me this is the best part of fright fest .

Red White and blue - Thought this was very slow to beging with . But a very good film !

The Dead - Another good Zombie film . WHat a difference to the norm . Love the setting and the guests were great

The Last Exorcism - Thought the lead actor was great . But was very dissapointed in the ending !

Isle of Dogs - I really liked this , loved the music and nice to meet the cast

F- crappy title and at the beginning camera wobbles and focus ..i thought oh no ! But what a great film , highly recommended !

Tobe Hooper interview - Bit slow but great to see a legend ! Thanks Frigh Fest

Hope about for next year screening an Italian Classic and get some of the actors over for it or even a classic British Hammer with some cast ?
Anyway look forward to 2011
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

To be honest the line-up for FFest 2010 I didn't think was as good as the three years I have attended before. I did see some good films, but not many I thought caught my imagination, hence why this year we are abandoning festival passes and only buying tickets for movies we instinctively feel and hope will be ones worth watching.

I love the Empire, I was going there way before I even knew about FrightFest being a west londoner, but there was something cool about it in the days when it was smaller and at the other cinema across the square. When you got free sweets and beers as you went into the film. Now its all a bit like a cattle market. Its become so big now and films that aren't that worthy are seeming to be given top billing. Eli Roth's movie wasn't good enough to close the festival especially when the think of The Orphanage as a closing movie which is 1000 times better. I loved I Spit on your grave and Buried total was genius. After seeing a Serbian Movie, Im actually glad they didn't show it, not because its shocking, nothing shocks me anymore, but its one of those terrible movies which is totally predictable and has no depth whatsoever, with a terrible story line thats just flimsy enough to support the sexual and violent stuff he gets caught up in. I was totally bored by it and it had no artisitic merit at all, so I think FF in a weird way was done a favour by Westminster councils pathetic censorship laws. Im not into censorship by the way - its just that movie was very crap.

Don't get me wrong, nothing comes between me and FFest. I look forward to it all year and I appreciate the effort that must go into its organisation, but Im not coming to anything in the morning as I want to still have a life so to speak, so if its disappointing I know I haven't been there all day seeing a bunch of films most of which didn't do anything for me. I don't mean to paint a negative picture I still LOVE IT :!: , but I have lower expectations of the experience overall. Im happy to come in see a movie and leave and come back and leave etc.. which is kind of what you do all day long - popping in and out in a kind of detached way as you are herded in with the crowd. That sounds bad doesn't it :?

I will always support FrtightFest - I need FrightFest - Its essential to my existence. I will be approaching it with an open mind and positive attitude and here is hoping I enjoy most of what I see.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

BabyJaneHudson wrote:To be honest the line-up for FFest 2010 I didn't think was as good as the three years I have attended before. I did see some good films, but not many I thought caught my imagination, hence why this year we are abandoning festival passes and only buying tickets for movies we instinctively feel and hope will be ones worth watching.

I love the Empire, I was going there way before I even knew about FrightFest being a west londoner, but there was something cool about it in the days when it was smaller and at the other cinema across the square. When you got free sweets and beers as you went into the film. Now its all a bit like a cattle market. Its become so big now and films that aren't that worthy are seeming to be given top billing. Eli Roth's movie wasn't good enough to close the festival especially when the think of The Orphanage as a closing movie which is 1000 times better. I loved I Spit on your grave and Buried total was genius. After seeing a Serbian Movie, Im actually glad they didn't show it, not because its shocking, nothing shocks me anymore, but its one of those terrible movies which is totally predictable and has no depth whatsoever, with a terrible story line thats just flimsy enough to support the sexual and violent stuff he gets caught up in. I was totally bored by it and it had no artisitic merit at all, so I think FF in a weird way was done a favour by Westminster councils pathetic censorship laws. Im not into censorship by the way - its just that movie was very crap.

Don't get me wrong, nothing comes between me and FFest. I look forward to it all year and I appreciate the effort that must go into its organisation, but Im not coming to anything in the morning as I want to still have a life so to speak, so if its disappointing I know I haven't been there all day seeing a bunch of films most of which didn't do anything for me. I don't mean to paint a negative picture I still LOVE IT :!: , but I have lower expectations of the experience overall. Im happy to come in see a movie and leave and come back and leave etc.. which is kind of what you do all day long - popping in and out in a kind of detached way as you are herded in with the crowd. That sounds bad doesn't it :?

I will always support FrtightFest - I need FrightFest - Its essential to my existence. I will be approaching it with an open mind and positive attitude and here is hoping I enjoy most of what I see.
which films do you have tickets for?