London 2012 Accommodation

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: London 2012 Accommodation

Post by ArghZombies »

TotenEngel wrote:ok, so HHH have just quoted me £344 for hubby and I for the 4 nights, sure we paid just over £100 last year. That plus tickets puts us at nearly £700... *sigh* debating if we just skip this year and go abroad for a week or two with the money instead!!
Anyone managed to get a decent price on accommodation anywhere?
It sounds like you've been quoted for two different rooms rather than a joint room. I tried to get a twin / double at HHH this year but they'd sold out several weeks earlier. I ended up getting a double at Carr-Saunders instead. It's still an LSE halls place but about 1 mile from the Empire instead of the half-mile that HHH is. Cost me £236 for 4 nights for the pair of us there.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
TotenEngel
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by TotenEngel »

ArghZombies wrote:
TotenEngel wrote:ok, so HHH have just quoted me £344 for hubby and I for the 4 nights, sure we paid just over £100 last year. That plus tickets puts us at nearly £700... *sigh* debating if we just skip this year and go abroad for a week or two with the money instead!!
Anyone managed to get a decent price on accommodation anywhere?
It sounds like you've been quoted for two different rooms rather than a joint room. I tried to get a twin / double at HHH this year but they'd sold out several weeks earlier. I ended up getting a double at Carr-Saunders instead. It's still an LSE halls place but about 1 mile from the Empire instead of the half-mile that HHH is. Cost me £236 for 4 nights for the pair of us there.
That was a twin room - I even rung up and checked as I genuinally couldn't believe it!!
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Hasn't anybody told them the Olympics are over by mid August. Hold off and there are going to be so many last minute bargains. We got the FrightFest hotel for our guests at the same price as last year.
moviedan
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by moviedan »

iomega wrote:Hasn't anybody told them the Olympics are over by mid August. Hold off and there are going to be so many last minute bargains. We got the FrightFest hotel for our guests at the same price as last year.
The Paralympic Games are taking place at the same time as FrightFest, hence the continued high prices.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

Just booked the Strand Palace for five nights and the price is much less than last year. I couldn't stay there last year because it was so expensive. It's not 'cheap' exactly but I'm paying about £400 and that's probably the least I've paid since 2005.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

I got five nights at the Kings Cross Tune Hotel for £175 a couple of months ago and it's currently standing at £210 for the same five. They're almost 'pod' hotels, and you pay extra for virtually everything you want bar room, bed and bog roll IF you want it - I've paid an extra tenner to have the TV working for five days and I think towels are a quid but I take my own. I haven't stayed at this one as it only opened a short time ago, but the Liverpool St one is great if you just want somewhere to crash and the beds are fantastic.

It's a good walk from Leicester Square (although at 20-25 mins easily doable in the daytime) but it's only a few stops on the N20 and then five minutes or so walk from Euston to get back so I'm very happy.
johanger
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by johanger »

Hey fellow HHH fans. My bf and I have been looking for accommodation for 6 months and after many a phone call and a face-to-face at HHH, we got a 20% discount on a single so 180 for 5 nights. We explained that it was nearly a 50% mark up on last year and we've been staying there for years. So if you have already booked - ask if you can have some money back! - and if you haven't then ask for a frightfest discount. It may only apply if you stay for 4 nights or more.

As for pro or con HHH, you only sleep and shower there, there's a fridge and you can have breakfast. And it's only 15 mins from the empire and 10 from the phoenix. What's not to like :D

Good luck! And see you in 3 weeks! I'm so freaking excited!
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Well done, shows on website its booked out.

Paid 225 for five nights. To hike the rooms from 30 to 45 is disgusting. Next year shall look at booking a real hotel in advance
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Has anyone contacted HHH (resists wrestling pun) about any discount. I'm being stoically English and will not rock the boat unless there is a precedent?
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I don't know if I can as I prebooked thru travelstay as I only paid the deposit. Hmm.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
bump3r1
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by bump3r1 »

I'm not sure what is going on with HHH as i booked my accomodation in April, 1st time i've had company so booked a twin room with breakfast and it works out just under £30.00 a night each, which is the same as i've always paid (usually £150.00 for a single room previous years).

Book through travelstay, as mentioned previous and the price seems to be same as always.
You think darkness is your ally but you have merely adopted the dark, i was born in it!!

Welcome to prime time, bitch!!

Craig Beecham - Facebook.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Perhaps next year we should all boycott it in protest at their 50% price rise for this year?
Wiltaim
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Wiltaim »

Kris wrote:Well done, shows on website its booked out.

Paid 225 for five nights. To hike the rooms from 30 to 45 is disgusting. Next year shall look at booking a real hotel in advance
That the same as me I think , I booked out of fear of even higher prices due to lack of options.
Twitter: @Rowdoc
Letterboxd: Rowdoc
Entropia Universe : Rowdoc Rowdoc Donner
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Snap
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by satanslittlehelper »

I've just booked my hotel through lastminute, 4 nights for £350, 4 star goodness near Goodge St.

This is about £100 cheaper than last year...
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"