Goodie Bags

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Goodie Bags

Post by Reanimator »

Has anyone seen the goodbie bags yet this year - wonder what they look like - will they have an Argento theme?

Any thoughts what will be in them - Children of the Corn box sets!!!!!!! :D
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Goodie Bags

Post by Wulfster »

Seeing as we haven't had any recent riots in London and no warehouses have been fire-bombed, the contents are likely to be more substantial than last years! :wink:
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Being that the riots happened in August last year I wouldn't get too optimistic yet.

We still have to have a barrage of "One year on..." news stories to ratchet up tension, because something bad like that happening again would be great for a media suffering from Olympic fatigue.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

TheDukeAbides wrote:Being that the riots happened in August last year I wouldn't get too optimistic yet.

We still have to have a barrage of "One year on..." news stories to ratchet up tension, because something bad like that happening again would be great for a media suffering from Olympic fatigue.
I was thinking the same things.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I wonder what would happen if the riots happened this year mid-Olympics?

Back to the topic, personally i'm happy to have a bag to store my stuff in, its contents are a bonus
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Yeah its more about the bag, than what's inside. Hope it's got a Dario theme to it this year.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Kris wrote:
Back to the topic, personally i'm happy to have a bag to store my stuff in, its contents are a bonus
I'm the opposite, I keep the contents, but give away the bag - they're quite garish with film names on them and not my kind of thing, plus they're too small to serve practically as a bag anyway.

I imagine the contents will be mainly surplus DVDs, so stuff like Daed Cert, Fanboys and Catabcombs once again.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

zappa fan wrote:Yeah its more about the bag, than what's inside. Hope it's got a Dario theme to it this year.
What it started off good but it deteriorates in quality as time passes
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Kris wrote:
zappa fan wrote:Yeah its more about the bag, than what's inside. Hope it's got a Dario theme to it this year.
http://badum-tish.com/
Twitter: @ArghZombies
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

they're quite garish with film names on them and not my kind of thing, plus they're too small to serve practically as a bag anyway.
I'm using my Kill List bag today :D
They and what's inside them are an added gift. Love em.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

ArghZombies wrote:
Kris wrote:
http://badum-tish.com/
Hah!! :mrgreen:
My new favourite URL link!
zombie-elvira
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by zombie-elvira »

I hope that there are some cool things in there this year!! But for me, its just nice to get freebies!!!
grzegorz
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by grzegorz »

i only liked the romero bag, design of the others (fanboys, kill list etc.) is just awful.

personally, i wouldn't mind if there was no bags at all.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I find goodie bags to be a bonus.

I know last year (after the stock encounter with some naughty children playing with matches) as discussed on here, that a few were disappointed with the lack of stuff - or I think the problem was that the bags were unevenly loaded, some getting far more than others and then to cap it all what was in some bags (but absent in others) was then given away in the free-for-alls at the front of the stage.

I like the bags. I find it gives an additonal level of commitment (along with the weekend pass slung around ones neck) that means the cinema staff as less inclined to wish to search you.

I still can't get over the couple near me who brought in what looked like a 3-course meal each from Pret. I'm still unsure who each cinema reacts these days to people bringing in their own stuff - but I assume it is more relaxed that a single screening.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Here is a bit of good news for you all hot off the presses so to speak.

FrightFesters who were unable to get festival passes and bought five day passes instead in order that they could attend the whole event will also get a goodie bag this year.