Discovery Screen

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Discovery Screen

Post by Alex J »

I have commented on the 3 I saw under their individual threads ("The Victim", "The Inside" and "Errors Of The Human Body"), with the latter my favourite from what I saw. I would have liked to have seen "We Are The Night", Remnants" and "Guinea Pigs" too. Based on what I did see, I felt the Disco screen wasn't quite as strong as last year, but maybe if I had caught some of the others then I may have changed my opinion.
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

It would be nice to have a bigger screen for the Discovery next year if possible.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Oh, I would also have liked to have seen Sawney, Community (did anyone see this and if so, was it any good? I really wanted to see this one, but it was only on once and clashed with Sleep Tight, so I had to miss this unfortunately), Before Dawn, A Night Of Nightmares and Zombibi.
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Scrof the Return »

I saw Community. It was obviuously done on a very low budget but was quite effective; focussing on 2 student documentary film makers who venture into a no-go area council estate and get more than they bargained for. Imagine a less stylish but in many ways quite striking urban version of The Wicker Man and you're about there. Worth seeing 6 / 10
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

One thing that does annoy me about the Discovery Screen and this is down to Empire:

You can queue up for 1hr+ to assure yourself of a ticket for a film and you still get crap seats on Row A.

It is obviously easy for the Empire to print them out, stack them up and dole them out numerically, but it would be nice get a choice.

Or maybe you do and I'm too English to ask for a better seat.
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nagelfar »

TheDukeAbides wrote: Or maybe you do and I'm too English to ask for a better seat.
You are too English. It was never a problem to ask for seats in the back rows.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Scrof the Return wrote:I saw Community. It was obviuously done on a very low budget but was quite effective; focussing on 2 student documentary film makers who venture into a no-go area council estate and get more than they bargained for. Imagine a less stylish but in many ways quite striking urban version of The Wicker Man and you're about there. Worth seeing 6 / 10
Thanks for the info Scrof the Return - I will try to get hold of this on dvd / blu ray when it comes out - it sounds right up my dark and twisted alleyway....