FrightFest ticketing 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

FrightFest ticketing 2015

Post by iomega »

Dates for Frightfest in London the 27th to 31st August 2015. The VUE, West End, Leicester Square has been confirmed for a second year, with the addition of a sixth screen, so more films and events.

The headline films for this event will be announced in mid-June, with the full programme on Friday July 3rd. Festival and day passes will be available on Saturday, July 4th with single tickets two weeks later. Prices have yet to be set, but once done, will be posted here.
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: FrightFest 2015 dates for you diary

Post by scoutthehorizon »

SIX. !SIX! *casts mind back to the days of yore of a mere 2*
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Yeah!!!!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

What about the days of just one and four days not five
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Seems like only yesterday when I was sitting down to watch The Lighthouse.

One Screen;
Four Day;
17 Features.
Simpler times

close to 650 titles have now been shown at FrightFest inc Glasgow and special screening.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Will there still be a sleepy queue ? Or buy tickets only online instead ?
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Great question. I'm glad someone has asked it.

Last year the sleepy queue itself when well, it was the online ticket sales that were a disaster. After their experience last year with the online sales, Vue has asked us to look at other arrangements for the festival and day passes. Single tickets will still be available through Vue, so people can walk up and buy, which is important at the festival itself, as well as purchase online. The ticketing system we are looking at will allow us to sell passes at the cinema on queue day, but there is an issue that is concerning us.

The Odeon West End is closed and is in the process of being demolished. With this and other building work on the square, where people who have queued overnight on previous years, is and will for the foreseeable future, be blocked off. As a result, I would worry about fans being outside the Vue at the top of the square overnight.

For the moment, we are still weighing up the options and nothing is set in stone. Let's hear your thoughts on the subject?
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

This is a tough one.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Maybe an all night session at the Prince Charles Cinema? Keep us off the streets till say 5am.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

Suggestions....urrrrm.

Now this would totally kill the sleepy queue which I have done two years in a row and enjoyed the experience, so it may be a terrible idea.

How about some kind of pre registration online, in advance ? Through your new ticketing provider ? It could work like some music festivals do where if you attended the previous year you would get priority access ? ( that may be against the spirit of the festival though ) Perhaps based upon your seat number from the previous year ? ( would need to be able to trust people not to fib about their previous years seat as well ).

Alternatively the tickets could be sold from another location, as said above, The Prince Charles would be great for this ? Instead of a "sleepy queue" would it be possible to have an exclusive screening of something that you get access to upon purchase of a Festival pass ? IF it where to be perhaps an 8pm screening then, those who want to, could queue all day and then those who just want to show up and get their ticket, would know what time to be there.

I would suggest if it where people lining up, a-la the Sleepy Queues of years past, now that we know, there would probably be three or so main screens, could you not have a queue for each screen, rather than one mega queue, that way people only queue for the screen they want and you won't have a big cluster in one place, when the sales are going through, then you can filter everyone into the screening of the free movie ( assuming there is one ).

I am sure it will all work out somehow
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Critter Egg »

I've been to see bands that send out an early access website link to people on their mailing list so you get priority access to tickets before casual observers. Is this something FrightFest could consider if there was no sleepy queue? These are free mailing lists which anyone can sign up for at any time - I hate these 'people who have been before should get priority' ideas, we were all newbies once! - but it would mean that people who have more than a passing interested in the festival would get a chance to purchase tickets early.
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

Critter Egg wrote:I've been to see bands that send out an early access website link to people on their mailing list so you get priority access to tickets before casual observers. Is this something FrightFest could consider if there was no sleepy queue? These are free mailing lists which anyone can sign up for at any time - I hate these 'people who have been before should get priority' ideas, we were all newbies once! - but it would mean that people who have more than a passing interested in the festival would get a chance to purchase tickets early.
Good point actually, it is unfair to prioritise people who have been before.

I guess I was also concerned if it goes all online, there is the minor possibility of touts, but a pre-sale code would be a good idea actually, especially if you can log in and pick seats etc with some sort of "per customer" limit.

As opposed to concerts I was thinking of a model more inline with a football season ticket, Frightfest does tend to have regulars so I had a season ticket style system in my head, for regular customers, but that is probably not as fair as a general interest pre-sale.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

My random thoughts:

1 - Whilst there are benefits and advantages to the sleepy queue, personally I do find that it consumes a large amount of time, money and effort, not being local to London. Therefore an alternative which cuts down on these factors would be gratefully appreciated - but not if it reduces the likelihood of me getting a ticket!

2 - Whilst I appreciate the desire to make the festival open to all and also not penalise newbies, on the flipside it doesn't feel fair if a newbie (who may in some cases find they don't get on with festivals and go home on day two, as I have found with more than one person in the past) gets a ticket at the expense of someone who has been to every FF event since day one.

3 - Some sort of membership / pre-enrolment etc may help ascertain demand in advance - i.e. if there are more people than tickets then that may give time to come up with an alternative solution which may not be possible at present, with surplus tickets then going on general sale.

4 - Timings and mechanisms could be important - e.g. if tickets went on sale online only at a specific time then that may be problematic for people to make themselves available to buy them due to work etc.
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Thank you all for all your comments on this subject so far. Please keep them coming. There have been some interesting ideas which we are looking into.

If, and I stress the if, we had to knock the Sleepy Queue on the head for this year due to the building work on Leicester Square and move all the festival and day pass sales online only, how would people feel about some sort of pre registration. Think a kind of virtual sleepy queue. It would be similar to what they do for gigs for a proportion of the tickets available. FrightFesters who reregistered would get a code which would be linked to an email address, so it couldn't be shared, and then they would get a couple of hours preferential access to to tickets.

Just a thought.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe we should test it first. I'd be up for testing any system that is decided on.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey