Films for Frightfest August 2015

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Films for Frightfest August 2015

Post by DJBenz »

Really looking forward to Howl because the trailer looked like fun.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

My personal must-sees as soon as I saw the listings were;
The Nightmare
The Hallow
Bloodsucking Bastards
We Are Still Here
Dom Brunt's "Bait" (if only because "Before Dawn" was so damn good)
Tales from Halloween

But looking forward to pretty much everything else on the schedule as well...
Bit gutted that there's no "Shockwave Darkside 2" though ... :green:
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

On first glance Nina Forever, We Are Still Here, Deathgasm and Slumlord seem to stand out most, and the lesser ones that I'll either skip or see what's in the other screen look like Hellions, Stung, Road Games and A Christmas Horror Story. Can't be sure about that though and will probably be proved wrong, it always turns out different from expected, and it's too early to come out with any "best line up ever" type assumptions.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

The ones that are highest on my "must watch" list are:

Turbo Kid
Some Kind of Hate
Rabid Dogs - I wasn't sure what to think of this, but the trailer makes it look great
Deathgasm
We Are Still Here
Scherzo Diabolico
Night Fare
Tales of Halloween
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Wolfshade wrote:it's too early to come out with any "best line up ever" type assumptions.
Indeed...
Lucio Frizzi
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Lucio Frizzi »

Always worth doing your homework. Noticed that Adam Mason (Dust, 13th Sign, Broken) and Anthony DiBlasi (Dread, The Missionary) have their latest offerings on the Discovery Screens....based on their previous work I'll probably give these a wide birth
There's no heaven up there, we'll have to make heaven down here.
Phil Newton
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Phil Newton »

Lucio Frizzi wrote:Always worth doing your homework. Noticed that Adam Mason (Dust, 13th Sign, Broken) and Anthony DiBlasi (Dread, The Missionary) have their latest offerings on the Discovery Screens....based on their previous work I'll probably give these a wide birth
I've seen Adam Mason's film Hangman and would like to reassure you that it is a far cry from his early work; simple, effective and chilling.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Anyone else think that KNOCK KNOCK would have played well to a FF crowd?
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
DeanoG
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by DeanoG »

Kris wrote:Anyone else think that KNOCK KNOCK would have played well to a FF crowd?
I would go one further, given how modern audiences can be, a little difficult to deal with in horror movies, I would happily put off seeing some movies over the year if I knew they would be at FrightFest, I know the onus is often on premiers and exclusives, but I would be happy to wait three months to watch something like Knock Knock with a pure horror crowd.

Probably would not be possible.
MrsBBC
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by MrsBBC »

Critter Egg wrote:This looks creepy and is apparently doing the festival circuits:

Goodnight Mommy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7u3GCfr0U94
I just stumbled across this one on IMDB so had a quick double check through the film list and the messageboards.
It looks excellent, shame it hasn't been picked up for FF.

Nic
LeighM
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeighM »

Looking for some advice/recommendations please all! I’ve pretty much settled on my ideal lineup (Disco tickets pending…) but I’ve got a few spots where I’m torn on what to see:

Friday Morning
Main: Landmine Goes Click & The Diabolical
Or
Disco: Pod and 1 of Wind Walkers/The Rotten Link/Afterdeath

Saturday Afternoon
Main: Shut In
Or
Disco: Estranged/Another Me

Monday Morning
Main: Night Fare
Or
Disco: The Lesson/Banjo
crystalake84
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by crystalake84 »

I'm in the same screen as you and also had a few of these dilemmas! I've decided to go for Pod and The Diabolical on Friday, Estranged on Saturday afternoon and Night Fare on Monday. I'm still not 100% sure but more than likely these are the ones I'll go for.
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

Yeah, I'm the same...
After several weeks, I'm still poring over the planners and haven't made my mind up...
Especially with stuff like Night Fare/Banjo, or Curve/Bite, or Nina Forever/Howl (NB: Monday is a real head-scratcher isn't it?) or Xmas Horror Story/Barbara Crampton!

I usually hate looking at trailers before the Frightfest films (especially in these alarmingly spoiler-dropping days), but I think I need to do that for at least several films to make my mind up before Sunday's purchases of disco seats ... assuming that all goes to plan online and I get what I want ... yes, I am a terrible pessimist.
LeighM
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeighM »

I’ve resolved some of these now, I think…! Going for Pod & The Rotten Link on Friday and stumping up some extra £££ to get a Single ticket in Arrow for Nina Forever first thing in the morning, which means I can then see Howl while Nina is on in the HC screen.

Still not sure what to do Saturday afternoon, I don’t really like the sound of any of them. Pub? Pub.
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Nina Forever I'm giving a wide berth to. Looks like it has potential but won't actually be any good. Opted for Last Girl Standing instead.

Some hard choices this year. Not seeing BAIT as DVD is 7th Sept.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com