Frankenstein

Taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, August 27th - 31st 2015
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Frankenstein

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Nicely updated, yet oddly authentic to the book. Not sure why this needed another take, though. Odd glitches in his state kept grating... in particular, he can barely walk yet knows exactly how to operate the lift!
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Frankenstein

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Hadn't he gone down in the lift with the scientists and seen them press the button? When I saw that, I thought it was going to be like the book, where the monster is highly intelligent and good at learning. Which is why those chunks of monster narration from the book are so fluent well-spoken. However it didn't go this route and kept the monster at very low intelligence like the James Whale version. It was this mismatch between the mix of things taken from the novel and the film that killed the film for me - he should have just been more faithful to the novel like Rose said he was trying to be in the Q&A. Some nice ideas and arresting ideas throughout, but clumsy scripting, particularly in any scenes involving that mustachioed police officer, meant this was a failure for me.

4/10