Halloween All-Dayer/Nighter 2015

Discussion on the 2015 Halloween Event
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Halloween All-Dayer/Nighter 2015

Post by Critter Egg »

The FrightFest website is now referring to the Halloween event as an 'all-day mini festival'. Does this means its not an all nighter this year?

Does anyone remember when the tickets went on sale last year?
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

Saturday 24th October @ The PCC. 6 films, all-day "mini festival".

Sounds good to me.
bree1981
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bree1981 »

According to the website Horror Cult Films The Vatican Tapes will premier at the all-nighter ahead of a cinema release, looks pretty decent.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

bacchus wrote:
EvilAsh wrote:
bacchus wrote:
The Witch (showing at LFF in a few weeks, so it will be before any all-nighter date and that means it's potentially available..)
They can't show something that has a deal with the LFF, hence the Kaboom issue in 2010. It also means its not an exclusive film to Frightfest.
Does it need to be exclusive to Frightfest? There were a few big films this year at the main even that weren't exclusive (I.e weren't premieres) like 'The Hallow' and 'The Nightmare'. Don't think audiences are too bothered by whether its an exclusive as long as its a good film.

Is it set in stone that a film that shows in LFF can't be shown at Frightfest after LFF has finished? Assuming the all-dayer/all-nighter will be around Halloween, that will be 2 weeks after LFF finishes on the 18th. Don't see why that would be an issue for a one-off event.
Kaboom was taken out of the frightfest line up for the LFF
I'd rather see different films than what's been shown at another London festival, I've been a frightfester since 2002, normally it's something different or special. Most of us want something new or exclusive to us.
It Follows was a free one off event as it had already been shown.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

THIS?!

bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

sherbetbizarre wrote:THIS?!

Not really horror but I would love to see this. Would be a bit of a coup if it was shown but I doubt it will happen.
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

What about BASKIN? It just had its World Premiere at TIFF......based on the short of the same name which was shown at Frightfest a couple of years ago and was very creepy. Surely that's gotta be a good shout??

Also - looks like THE WITCH won't be shown, Paul tweeted that all the films for the Halloween event have never been shown before in the UK (and at least one World Premiere).
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

When do tickets go on sale for the Glasgow Halloween Event?