Radius

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Stupid idea, done well.
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Radius

Post by Jon H »

Decent sci-fi. It gets there in the end - a very strong final act is the pay off you need and deserve for sticking with some clunky dialogue and improbable plot turns. 7/10
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

I nearly didn't watch this one, but it turned out to be one of the better films so far. I liked the mystery and twist ending, although some may be put off by
Spoiler:
the sci-first trappings
but I thought it was well done. 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

I liked the basic concept and the first half was intriguing and pretty good.
Spoiler:
But then we got into identical twin sisters, telegraphed serial killer plots, and memory recall that arrived in chronologically convenient chunks to the service of the plot and it all got a bit overbaked and silly.
Not a bad effort though
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

I'd have liked them to have had a bit more fun with the premise; the lift scene being an example. Instead it all got a bit po faced
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I fell asleep during the bit when the two protagonists realised how they were connected, so it took me fucking ages to work out why they were so relaxed some of the time but got into a big panic about missing a lift. I finally twigged during the scene where the police tried to arrest them. A eureka moment - I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed it so much if I'd stayed awake.

It was a great, if highly unlikely, basic concept, but I think it got bogged down by at least one "twist" subplot too many.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

This isn't so much a horror film as a sci-fi, and could easily have been the concept for an X-Files episode (it reminded me of the Soft Light episode where Tony Shalhoub's shadow killed everyone it touched). It's perfectly watchable but it often feels a bit plodding; there are lots of scenes of characters discussing their predicament but not enough of them taking the initiative. There's clearly great potential for tension in the concept, but although there are a couple of good scenes, the pacing and the lack of cinematic flair keeps deflating the tension and urgency. Late on in the film a twist arrives that many people seemed to like, but for me felt like it involved a further suspension of disbelief on top of the sci-fi concept.