Redwood

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Redwood

Post by Alex J »

Did anyone see Redwood on Thursday? If so, any thoughts?
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Redwood

Post by Jon H »

No-one replied to this. I don't want to be overly critical of an indie director - particularly given the presence of big budget nonsense like Jackals and Still Born showing - but be interested to get others thoughts.

I was disappointed. In the Q&A the director let slip that the script was written in 48 hours and filmed off the first draft. I felt that was painfully clear. Maybe I'm being too harsh - did others see it?
deny_conformity
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deny_conformity »

I enjoyed Redwood, it wasn't the best movie of the festival but it was better than a few we saw and offered a fresh look at the vampire genre. It wasn't perfect and could had done with a bit more polish on the script but there were no glaring holes and it had an interesting story with believe-able acting.
serak
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by serak »

I was thinking the exact same thing after hearing the script was written in 2 days...

Honestly, it was the worst film I saw by some distance (bearing in mind that I saw it instead of Attack of the Adult Babies). Of its many problems, it was missing a third act and the acting was, err, poor.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Thanks for the replies - it sounds like I didn't miss much, but I will try to seek it out when it gets released.
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
deny_conformity
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deny_conformity »

serak wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:01 pm I was thinking the exact same thing after hearing the script was written in 2 days...

Honestly, it was the worst film I saw by some distance (bearing in mind that I saw it instead of Attack of the Adult Babies). Of its many problems, it was missing a third act and the acting was, err, poor.
You really dodged a bullet seeing this instead of Attack of the Adult Babies (unless you're really into toilet humour).