Frighfest Halloween

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Frighfest Halloween

Post by lupogirl »

Want to check.

Will this years Frightfest Halloween be All dayer or All nighter ?
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: Frighfest Halloween

Post by iomega »

An all day event.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Thanks Ian,

Do we know yet at what time the Halloween tickets will be made available? Just wondering as I might be flying on that day and hence may not be able to log in at the time myself....
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Gruesome, gory and glorious - this year's Horror Channel FrightFest Halloween line-up will be revealed on Thurs 28 Sept. Ticketing info later this week.
BaronSqwelch
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by BaronSqwelch »

Will be my first time attending!
Hyped!
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

e ‘Making Of’ a low-budget slasher… an emotional zombie nightmare… a chiaroscuro Gothic horror… a comic strip creature feature… an outrageously strange mind cult… a sci-fi alien action extravaganza… and the last word in Killer Clowns. Please give a – severed - hand to the seven choice shockers that make up the bumper pack of bump-in-the-nighters comprising FrightFest’s hugely anticipated annual Halloween chillorama.

The Empire Cinema, 63-65 Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4RL is the location of this year's extravaganza. Tickets will be available on-line through the ticket page on the FrightFest website HERE from noon on Sunday 1st October. With a seventh film added to the line-up for the first time a day pass with an allocated seat, this year will cost £45. Fantastic value. Plus for the first time at one of our Halloween events, there will be single tickets available at £14.50 for each of the seven films. And in another first, walk- up tickets, subject to availability, will be available from the cinema on the day.

Full details are on this link - http://www.frightfest.co.uk/2017films/f ... edule.html
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Discounted parking

Post by iomega »

We have arranged discounted parking for those traveling to next Saturdays Frightfest Halloween all-dater event by car. If you use the Q-Park Leicester Square car park, 39-41 Whitcomb Street, London, WC2H 7DT and book in advance you will get 20% off the cost. Use the discount code Frightfest and the offer is valid from Friday 27 to Monday 30 October inclusive.oups/FrightFest/
argento1977
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by argento1977 »

When do we get to know what guests will be attending?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Greg will be tweeting details out this week and has just confirmed that HOSTILE director Mathieu Turi today will EuroStaring in from Paris for the day to introduce his film.
BaronSqwelch
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by BaronSqwelch »

This year should've been renamed CoughFest.
Never known a cinema be full of that many sickly people...I thought it was a competition at times to see who could be loudest.

As for the films...

Loved the Horror Movie doc. Being in a cinema full of people laughing at 10.15am was brilliant , didn't like Hostile...the ending made me HATE the film.

The Black Gloves I think went over my head, I assume the fact the dialogue was usually drowned out by the music was intentional? The sound in that screen wasn't amazing but the other films were fine. Either way it was not for me and everyone around me left early. I should have followed suit.

Needed a break from things so missed It Came From the Desert.

Housewife...visually fantastic and it held my attention. Not sure I understand what the hell it was about though :)

Beyond Skyline was a nice surprise...expected a VOD turd but I thought it was explosive, stupid, fun! My favourite actual 'film' of the day easily.

Terrifier...I'd been up since 4am and had a beer or 2 between films...so sorry to say I fell asleep within 5 mins of the start and when I came around 20 or so mins later I left for the hotel.

So...some good...some bad...will be going to Glasgow next year so I can complete the fest set.
After that we shall see. I'm unsure if being a very shy, solo attendee from out of town gets me enough enjoyment for the £££. But that is down to myself and not the organisers/crowd.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

A big thank you to Ian, Paul, Greg and Alan, as well as the Empire staff for a great Halloween Frightfest!

My first London edition for four years didn't disappoint and I definitely prefer the day format to the allnighter. I have been to Haymarket before, but not in that auditorium, which proved to be a good venue for this event.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Horror Movie

At times quite bleak and at other times pretty funny. An interesting documentary about the making of Red Christmas that I nearly skipped, but pleased that I didn't. A must-see for anyone thinking of making their own movie. 7.5 / 10
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Hostile

I quite enjoyed this one with some well-executed suspenseful survival scenes spliced with flashbacks that helped to add depth, emotion and characterisation to the tale.
Spoiler:
I liked the bleakness of the ending, but it also seemed trite and a bit too much of a coincidence, although it was suitably horrifying.
7.5 / 10
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

The Black Gloves

I appreciated the style and setting, but I couldn't hear half of the dialogue and I struggled with Macarena Gomez's accent - combined with a slow pace this made this a difficult film to really enjoy.

I thought the Owlman was half scary, half absurd and overall I thought that the film missed an opportunity to really make a mark.

6.5 / 10
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

It Came From The Desert

It did what it said on the tin - a cheesy, fun, 1980s homage / parody romp with plenty of humour and action setpieces. Maybe some of the setup / exploration of the first act could have been trimmed to increase the pace early on but that would be my only real quibble.

7.5 / 10