Hell Is Where The Home Is

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Hell Is Where The Home Is

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Too slow in the early stages, but at least it's setting up a more complicated situation for later. The script then doesn't make the best use of that, alas. Definitely enjoyable at times, though.
HannahNoir
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Hell Is Where The Home Is

Post by HannahNoir »

1/5

Meh. All the characters were annoying and bland and I didn’t care if they lived or died.
svengalidonut
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by svengalidonut »

Jonbly, I thought the opposite.
Intriguing start, but gradually ran off the rails.
Good soundtrack though.
The Director and writers are still finding their way but I look forward to their next film.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Decent
Spoiler:
home invasion
thriller, that didn't initially grab me as I didn't warm to the characters, but it did grow on me, offering enough brutal action and twists to make it a worthwhile watch. The sound design was good too.
Spoiler:
I did wonder whether the film was going to have a demonic twist at the end, so slightly disappointed there wasn't!
8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
anaana
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anaana »

4/10

The succession of stupid decisions really really bothered me.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I really didn't like this one at all, although it was directed with some style (that said, the Italian opening and closing theme music trying to make it seem like a '70s thriller was just inappropriate showing off).

Hateful characters and a plot which made no sense.
Spoiler:
I'd completely missed the fact that someone had actually called the police. That being the case, why were they even trying to cover up the "neighbour"'s death and why did no-one ever say "hurry up, the police will be here soon"? Instead they found time to squabble over affairs, cry over lost babies and even change their clothes before they'd finished cleaning up the blood.
Last edited by The Soapmaker on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

4/10. Home invasion movie that twists and turns in an attempt to hold your interest but finally pisses credibility up the wall when the police turn up in the last act. This also involves a real bugbear of mine: characters who have shown no previous inclination for violence suddenly becoming seasoned killers. In this case, one of the female leads uses a camera tripod to stove in someone's head, like a darkroom ninja.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Crap.

Nothing was to gotten from this film except possibly the people who make coloured lighting probably made some nice cash.

However it did inspire an idea for a film in me, so it gets one up tick for that.