Bliss

jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Bliss

Post by jonbly »

5/10 - Incessant strobe effects and wobble-cam make this borderline unwatchable. There's an intense vampire movie in there somewhere... maybe. Needed less volume in the first half to avoid viewer fatigue.

Continuity was a mess... she drives past the same building twice, is followed by a white Jeep twice, and the painting rewinds to its starting point in the middle.
Last edited by jonbly on Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Bliss

Post by sherbetbizarre »

jonbly wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:35 pmNeeded less volume in the first half to avoid viewer fatigue.
Probably took it's cue from Driller Killer's "This film should be played loud" of which this was a cover version.
MrsE
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MrsE »

I liked this, though I am quite fond of a good descent into drugs and madness film (I loved Climax!). I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did but I found all the characters engaging in some way and loved the overall look of the film.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

An hallucinogenic and loud
Spoiler:
vampire
flick. The actual plot is fairly simple, but there is a strong lead performance and plenty of good visuals, ramped up with gore as the movie progresses. Probably one to watch again to see how well it stands up to repeat viewings. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

The very shouty, sped up version of the hunger or Abel Ferrara's Addiction. undeniably brilliant central performance
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

2edgy4me. It's shot on 16mm you know. Surprisingly, I didn't utterly hate this like I thought I would, didn't love it either. 3/5
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I'm not normally a fan of films involving people getting massively fucked up on drugs, booze and endless partying... but Dora Madison's performance carried it for me, she made an essentially unlikeable character someone to root for and, ultimately, be somewhat in awe of. Fantastic music, I loved the shots of LA through her apartment windows and just found the whole thing very powerful.
Probably the film of the weekend for me.
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

danthsmith wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 pm The very shouty, sped up version of the hunger or Abel Ferrara's Addiction. undeniably brilliant central performance
I always felt The Hunger and The Addiction could do with a bit more speed and shouting :)

Personally I loved this, and although I agree to some extent about the wobble cam, I did feel that the intensity gradually built to an amazing finish. Great gore and camera shots - the shots of Dora launching herself off the floor and attacking people were awesome.
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

All to end up with a heavy metal LP cover...