Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Newbies!

Post by scoutthehorizon »

elmstttam wrote:How'z it hangin folks.Attended my first Frightfest in Glasgow this year and i loved it.Changed my holidays and booked a room for 6 nights so i hope i get a pass.Hope to meet some FB friends who are attending and meet new ones.See you end of August. 8)
Hey Elmstttam, welcome to the FrightFest family. Always great to meet new peeps. If you liked Glasgow you're going to love August. It's a whole other level of awesome; you'll be terrified, you'll laugh till it hurts, you'll make friends for life & you'll probably end up smelling real bad. It literally is the best.

Mitch here, hardcore fest'er, source of endless FrightFest trivia, and editor of the FrightFest trailers/yearbooks/sizzle reels. Always here to help.
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scoutthehorizon »

First rule of FrightFest: *do* tell everyone.

Second: ATTEND SLEEPER QUEUE
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
jamesmcrosby
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by jamesmcrosby »

This will be my second year attending FrightFest, but my first year in the Sleepy Queue. I was supposed to be having a friend come along too, but it's now likely that he won't be able to get the time off work to come down for the queue. I'm now having serious doubts about whether I should queue alone. Has anybody queued alone before? Will I be bored or feel unsafe at all? Any enlightenment will be most appreciated.
@jamesmcrosby
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

jamesmcrosby wrote:This will be my second year attending FrightFest, but my first year in the Sleepy Queue. I was supposed to be having a friend come along too, but it's now likely that he won't be able to get the time off work to come down for the queue. I'm now having serious doubts about whether I should queue alone. Has anybody queued alone before? Will I be bored or feel unsafe at all? Any enlightenment will be most appreciated.
It's fine. Depending on what time you get there, of course - it can be a long night if you're outside the Empire all night and the weather's not good (as it has been in the past). I've queued overnight in Leicester Square twice but these days I tend to get there at around 5 in the morning, so I get a bit of sleep and still snag a good place in the queue. But everyone in the main is very friendly and it's a nice, relaxed chilled atmosphere, lots of nice conversation. Some people might even bring cakes, drinks, snacks etc - one very sunny morning we all got complimentary bottles of water. Bringing a camping chair can help (the ones that fold up into a tube).
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
jamesmcrosby
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by jamesmcrosby »

streetrw wrote:
jamesmcrosby wrote:This will be my second year attending FrightFest, but my first year in the Sleepy Queue. I was supposed to be having a friend come along too, but it's now likely that he won't be able to get the time off work to come down for the queue. I'm now having serious doubts about whether I should queue alone. Has anybody queued alone before? Will I be bored or feel unsafe at all? Any enlightenment will be most appreciated.
It's fine. Depending on what time you get there, of course - it can be a long night if you're outside the Empire all night and the weather's not good (as it has been in the past). I've queued overnight in Leicester Square twice but these days I tend to get there at around 5 in the morning, so I get a bit of sleep and still snag a good place in the queue. But everyone in the main is very friendly and it's a nice, relaxed chilled atmosphere, lots of nice conversation. Some people might even bring cakes, drinks, snacks etc - one very sunny morning we all got complimentary bottles of water. Bringing a camping chair can help (the ones that fold up into a tube).
Thanks for the info. I know it's a bit of a cop out but if I were to catch the first train into London on the Saturday morning and be in the queue for about 8am would that still more or less guarantee me a ticket? I booked online last year but the crashing and slow page loads make me worry that this year I might not be so lucky to get in quick enough. Also would I still be eligible to see The Conjuring?
@jamesmcrosby
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Yes and yes. No-one who has queued in the past has been turned away.
jamesmcrosby
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by jamesmcrosby »

sherbetbizarre wrote:Yes and yes. No-one who has queued in the past has been turned away.
In such case this will likely be what I end up doing.
@jamesmcrosby
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

Also this year there's going to be a more passes made available, there's going to be a lot more of the front stalls seats made available for Weekend Passes. I never seen anyone who queued up on the day not get a weekend pass.
Rue-morgue Jay
----
----

Post by Rue-morgue Jay »

Wow! there's going to be more newbies than ever this year. We'd better stock extra eggs,flour, milk tar and feathers for the traditional FRIGHTFEST "initiation" . :mrgreen:
Charlie
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Charlie »

Rue-morgue Jay wrote:Wow! there's going to be more newbies than ever this year. We'd better stock extra eggs,flour, milk tar and feathers for the traditional FRIGHTFEST "initiation" . :mrgreen:
........and Vaseline
MansfieldDark
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by MansfieldDark »

Hey everyone

After years of seeing the odd film I'm finally going to pop my full-fest cherry and I can't wait!

I'm thinking of doing some coverage for the event for Horror Asylum via my Mansfield Dark site (they've said yes to it) Would any other newbies out there be up for a mini interview on their Frightfest experience? I'm not sure how much time I'll have to do this, I'm also thinking of recording and uploading mini reviews in between films but I have no idea how realistic that will be! I want to have fun and play it by ear but if anyone's interested lets chat

See you soon :D
Richard