Sleepy Queue

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Sleepy Queue

Post by Malky »

Hi guys last year I booked tickets online but this year I have a friend who will join the sleepy queue for me. What time should he arrive in order to get decent seats?
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Sleepy Queue

Post by Alex Kidd »

Hard to say, if you want to get specific seats then I'd say as early as possible, 6 or 7AM might be best. But if you're just after any seat then any time after 9AM would be fine, by the time tickets go on sale at 11AM there'll be a really long queue.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

Alex Kidd wrote:Hard to say, if you want to get specific seats then I'd say as early as possible, 6 or 7AM might be best. But if you're just after any seat then any time after 9AM would be fine, by the time tickets go on sale at 11AM there'll be a really long queue.
Thanks, we are after any seats really but last year we were near the front left. This was great for freebies but not so great for the neck. This year we are thinking somewhere central will be preferable if possible.
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

My best mate and I are going to be there from the night before but I heard some people are going to be there before that. We booked online last year and nearly didn't get tickets so we're not taking any chances this year.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

So how does it actually work if you stay there overnight? Sleeping bags and stuff? What about the weather, I can't remember if there is overhead cover around the Empire, but not sure I fancy standing in the rain for 12 hours.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

ArghZombies wrote:So how does it actually work if you stay there overnight? Sleeping bags and stuff? What about the weather, I can't remember if there is overhead cover around the Empire, but not sure I fancy standing in the rain for 12 hours.
We'll check the weather the day before to know if we need a brolly but we are taking camping chairs and sleeping bags. I'm not up for sitting in the rain either but I love frightfest that much that I will lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

At least you guys will have a bit more space this year, as the Leicester Square building work has finally finished.
Didn't you have to camp outside the Odeon and then move or something in 2011?
As I'm fairly local, I'll probably get an early train up as usual ...

Try not to hit the bottle too hard this year though ... :mrgreen:
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

Wulfster wrote:At least you guys will have a bit more space this year, as the Leicester Square building work has finally finished.
Didn't you have to camp outside the Odeon and then move or something in 2011?
As I'm fairly local, I'll probably get an early train up as usual ...

Try not to hit the bottle too hard this year though ... :mrgreen:
I wasn't there last year but glad to hear it won't be as bad this year. As for hitting the bottle.....I'm not promising anything lmao
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

If people are worried about having to turn up the night before I'd suggest not to worry. I've turned up previously between 9:00am to 11:00am and not had an issue. Arriving the night before is basically the FF equivilant of seeing who piss the highest up a wall. :lol:
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Bearded Avenger wrote:If people are worried about having to turn up the night before I'd suggest not to worry. I've turned up previously between 9:00am to 11:00am and not had an issue. Arriving the night before is basically the FF equivilant of seeing who piss the highest up a wall. :lol:
Yeah, I'm toying with the idea of catching the train to London in the early morning, picking up tickets and sticking around for the freebie film and then heading home after. That's still quite a long day though for what is essentially just being 1 hour earlier to buy tickets.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Bearded Avenger wrote:basically the FF equivilant of seeing who piss the highest up a wall. :lol:
I'm sure the gents will open.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

I hope so, was much missed last year

Ill be there that morning, cash in hand. Always been lucky with seats when getting passes as even if I don't get my first choice I always end up with good neighbours.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com