Food Feedback

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Food Feedback

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

Great suggestions above. Just to warn people. We made the dreadful mistake of going to the Lido. They brought my friend the wrong dish then expected her to pay for it even though she told them it was wrong and hadn't touched it. The mushrooms looked like creatures from another planet - all slimey. It was so crap. The service as usual in China Town was bloody awful. I got a tummy ache after eating their food - a mild one thankfully - and I drank tea to alleviate it. Then we went into the Chinese Bakery which I know quite well and they wouldn't exchange something we bought in error 1 hour before even though they were packaged and untouched. They never give receipts so are probably fiddling their taxes big time, plus they are so greedy the items only came to £2 - pathetic.

A V O I D ! :twisted:

Ill try the little Chinese Cafe next time.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

the vue is only 10mins out of soho, tonnes of places to eat. herman ze german was doing a 20% discount for frightfesters so bratwurst and frites with a drink was about £6, good stuff.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

loved Herman ze German. I went twice with a few festers. A welcome change from McD and BK.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Herman Ze German is good indeed but did you hit up Five Guys or Shake Shack... Five Guys is so damn tasty, those burgers make me cry with joy.
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Five guys is expensive and I fancied a change form burgers. Not heard of Shake Shack before (next time maybe?). 5G do great fries and Milkshakes its got to be said.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Next time lets Shake Shack it up, its in Covent Garden so not far. Five Guys is not cheap for 'snack' dinner I agree but for a once only visit during the festivities it was worth it, if only for the Cajun fries.

zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Sounds like a plan. Count me in.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Wok to Walk was a great one to go to... come out of the vue... turn left... walk straight, cross the road carry on walking and its on ur left sort of opposite to Pret.
Five guys was good too.
There's a shwarma place opposite Bubba Gump Shrimp, really good too
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

We're almost in uncharted territory for food this year. However Mr Falafel in Shepherd's bush market is off the hook tasty and healthy. It's an 8 minute walk from the cinema according to google maps. I'm also sure there is a Greggs even closer to the cinema, however as a Scotsman I fear they won't sell bridies.
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

I am afraid there will almost undoubtedly be no Bridies Malky, I tried some at the Glasgow fest earlier in the year from Greggs and they were pretty damn tasty. Falafel for the win it seems...
Malky wrote:We're almost in uncharted territory for food this year. However Mr Falafel in Shepherd's bush market is off the hook tasty and healthy. It's an 8 minute walk from the cinema according to google maps. I'm also sure there is a Greggs even closer to the cinema, however as a Scotsman I fear they won't sell bridies.

Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

AnotherSchmuck wrote:I am afraid there will almost undoubtedly be no Bridies Malky, I tried some at the Glasgow fest earlier in the year from Greggs and they were pretty damn tasty. Falafel for the win it seems...
Can I get a bridie and a can of Irn-Bru please? Of course, just exit the shop walk 500 miles, then walk 500 more.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Westfield shopping centre is filled with food and drink outlets:
https://uk.westfield.com/london/stores/ ... /fooddrink

And Frightfest coincides with a pop-up Vogue cafe!
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2016/05/25/ ... -westfield
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Well, we won't be short of a choice of burgers then...