Vue vs. Empire

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Vue vs. Empire

Post by nekro »

No contest imo, the Vue is a horrible souless cinema and FF has certainly lost it's buzz since moving.
FF should definitely look for another venue, maybe scale it down and do it somewhere smaller.
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Vue vs. Empire

Post by hingethunder »

Yes, a smaller event would really help the ticketing problems!

I thought the Vue worked well, with a few niggles which can be easily improved for next year. Many aspects were better than the Empire, particularly the space in the bar area etc. Was never that keen on the Empire, I preferred the days of the Odeon West End!
Tommy-Boy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tommy-Boy »

Hmm I think the problem is that demand to attend generally seems to be rising each year as the Fest gets more publicity and gets more popular so that makes it unlikely that things will get smaller in future years as much as many people would say that they preferred the feel of a smaller set up. Thats the way it goes I think - if youre successful (like Frightfest obviously has been) then you grow. Growth brings greater opportunities.

Empire big screen was great but now its gone and it aint coming back.... even I think theyre regretting going IMAX ... apparently they lost a Premiere cos my name sake little Tommy Cruise hated it ... I always hated that bloody crush in the foyer of the Empire , the noise where I couldnt have a decent convo with my mates, the endless queues for the toilets and the limited Disco tickets. Vue gets a big thumbs up from me in all respects - as long as the ticketing doesnt get bollixed up again.
leytonrocks
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by leytonrocks »

Thought the vue was more relaxed... The scrum when the main screen at the empire emptied was never pleasant...
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

I think it ran the smoothest it ever has and it was kept ticking over well. I did miss out on seeing some people but that always happened before. Top tip go straight to the top floor for a pee it's always empty.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

daveroughcut wrote:Top tip go straight to the top floor for a pee it's always empty.
*was always empty.

Until someone posted a top tip about the top floor. ;)
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I liked the big screen at the Empire, but it's gone and there's nothing we can do about it.

I like the Odeon West End for occasional visits, but the seats in OWE1 are far too uncomfortable for an extended weekend and in OWE2 it's impossible to read subtitles unless you happen to be a giant.

The Vue is definitely the best of the rest. The actual screenings were very well organised this year and the peripheral stuff like the bar and toilets were a definite improvement on all previous venues.