Freakdog

The 2008 offerings once more walk among us.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Freakdog

Post by jonbly »

Solid, but unoriginal.

The sequence when he takes over the heroine is well done, though... he doesn't want to kill her, but he does want to see her boobies...
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

I didn't like this at all, seemed to have swiped it's premise from Richard Franklin's Patrick. Took me an hour to realise it was supposed to be set in America, because 90% of the cast were British/Irish doing poor accents.
kaiju
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

reminded me...

Post by kaiju »

...of a film called retribution that scared the shit out of me when i was a kid,but this was not that scary,watchable though.
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

The Q&A was awkward, despite the polite applause you could tell the film had just planted it's face in the pavement of FrightFest. The director's justification for setting it in America and having the cast do crap accents was pathetic, "because it wont play in Poland?" What the hell are you talking about? Shaun of the Dead would have been loads more successful if Simon Pegg had done a New Joysee accent.
JoeyBroChill
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by JoeyBroChill »

Couldnt agree more...the film was completely un-original, ridiculous and well just a big old pile of the brown stuff really!

Although still not the worst film of the weekend...The Broken anyone?!
[b]I no longer know who I am...and I feel like the ghost of a complete stranger[/b] -- Victor, [i]The Rules of Attraction[/i]

[b]FUCK YOU LANDIS/GREEN![/b] -- [i]The Man, The Legend, The Myth[/i] Joe Lynch!
bob_mcm
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

freakdog

Post by bob_mcm »

i liked the film. thought the story was original and well done. it had my hairs stand on end once or twice!
Gazcon
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Freakdog

Post by Gazcon »

I watched this with great anticipation having read previous publicity about it and I'll be honest - I wasn't dissapointed!! The film does exactly what it says on the tin! It's a good horror movie and to be honest I've seen some horror movies with budgets 10 times of this that weren't half as good. Some of the death sequences were brilliant and the general plot and sfx were hitting the mark for me!

Overall I'd give this bad boy a 8/10 and to be honest I'm not usually that generous!! If you haven't seen it I'd say - watch it and judge for yourself but if you want a horror movie with a good plot, good acting and good sfx then FREAKDOG has it all!!
chuckles
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Freakdog

Post by chuckles »

Worst film of the Festival. At least Bubba's was done with a genuine sense of love but Freakdog was just amatuerish in the worst sense and it was publicly funded. Who are the people in Ireland Screen who are making these decisions to fund half baked tripe (can you bake tripe) like this.
The script was pant wettingly laughable although the germ of the idea has potential. The acting though ok was hindered by those accents and not for one nano second did i believe that it was set in America.
Simply horrible.
frank stein
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Bloody Brilliant

Post by frank stein »

one of the best films of the festival. lots of thrills and spills and a very clever twist in the middle.

Arrielle kebbel is amazing and sarah carter looks hot - especially when she's covered in blood

Does anyone know when its going to be released here. I can't wait to see it again
Annie Wilkes
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

freakdog

Post by Annie Wilkes »

good solid horror flick. loved the premise and some of the murders were fantastic...especially steve's

I agree with you Mr Stein...Arielle stole the show :lol:
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Too many 1 posts - smells too much of orchestrated publicity...

Compared to other (much more original) films at the fest, Freakdog was one of the low points...
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
Muffy St. John
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Muffy St. John »

Not only are they all 1 posters... they also all joined on the same day, as with the films lovers in the Freakdog! Freakdog! Freakdog! thread. There are surely subtler ways of bigging up your film??

Having said that, I thought the movie was decent... a good solid 4.5/10
;)
Fenriz
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Fenriz »

ermm.....well it's no masterpiece, but it was sure as hell better than Shrooms!

It was pretty fast paced and was a laugh to watch, even if it was a completely stoooopid idea.

5.5/10
bl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bl »

firt time at frightfest. :twisted: loved it thought id just say how must i liked all the films i seen but the one for me was freakdog. the girls head in car door, the bath. the make up and sxf. and what a hot cast. cant wate to see it again any one no when its out? role on a sequel. :idea: :idea:
bl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bl »

:shock: :lol: did i mension the hot cast and half naked girls all looking fine