Shuttle

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

"$40,000 a week is a lot of money - but would you do his job for that money??) "

I think it was a month not a week, and even so surely that would depend on the amount of bodies supplied per month.
Otherwise you would get 40,ooo for one woman not bad for a nights work lol.

Why would you leave a picture in the litter tray to show her what was going on, or was that purely for the viewers benefit?

I think the next film they make they should spend a little longer on the credibility aspect.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

We heard someone say as they came out "So what was all that stuff in the crate for and where was she going?" funniest moment of the day!
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

An interesting idea with a plot shot full of holes, and it went on far too long.

Why didn't they just bump the 2 blokes off straight away and then tie the girls up ? Why keep up the pretence (other than to drag the film out)

The bit where he chained the accomplice and Seth together to search the luggage was, in hindsight, totally superfluous and completely pointless.

Why would you risk one of the girls getting away to send her on a shopping trip for items that you could easily have already bought in advance ?

Surely there would have been a CCTV camera on the car park to witness Seth being run over repeatedly.

And the most ludicrous bit (other than Jules' hilarious shagging confession) was where Mel says 'He's been protecting us all night'. Like when he rammed head first and full speed into the car that Jules was in when she tried to escape you mean ?
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Oswald Cobblepot wrote:And the most ludicrous bit (other than Jules' hilarious shagging confession) was where Mel says 'He's been protecting us all night'. Like when he rammed head first and full speed into the car that Jules was in when she tried to escape you mean ?
And he was apparently prepared to let his pretend-accountant buddy rape the pair of them.

Ooops, we've given away all the clever plot twists to anyone who missed this... :oops:
Bearded Avenger
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Bearded Avenger »

Oswald Cobblepot wrote: Why would you risk one of the girls getting away to send her on a shopping trip for items that you could easily have already bought in advance ??
The flare that was set off earlier in the film burnt a box of shopping. Although why one of the guys couldn't just guard them whilst the other shopped would obviously go against the unwritten law of horror films making sense.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Liked the story but was very slow going. The supermarket scene was drawnout. I did not see the twist. Thought that was really good. Quite like the ending... grim.

It was a shame during the fight sequences it was too dark to see who was punching whom.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Yeah, a few plotholes maybe, but I really liked Shuttle... pretty tense throughout and I liked its bleak tone and Tony Curran was really good as the driver. Just a shame some of the scenes were too dark to really see what was going on, but otherwise i liked it.
First things first, stay calm.
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

I did enjoy Shuttle but found the pacing all over the place. Have to agree with everyone on how dark and washed out the picture was, I really struggled to see what was going on half the time.

Loved the ending when you find out what all that random shopping was for.
nekro
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nekro »

complete pants
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Shuttle

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Disney+, Plex, Shudder and YuppTV.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey