Zombie Women of Satan

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Zombie Women of Satan

Post by Scrof the Return »

Worst film this year, no question. Got some good photos of the Zombie women before the screening though :wink:
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

gotta disagree that this was the worst film - for the first 20 minutes or so, it looked like another terrible zero-budget badly-acted monstrocity, but it actually started to become interesting after that - some of the dialogue when the cowboy and the clown were arguing was actually very funny, and even though to start with I was thinking I should've had a lie in and given this a miss, by the end I found it pretty entertaining.

Certainly not a great film, and not something I would want to watch again, but it wasn't terrible, and it was certainly far better than dross like Smash Cut.
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Laymonite »

Hehe, I thought it was pretty funny. I liked it.
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

It wasn't a good horror movie, but the dialogue was very funny.

Killing off Johnny Dee Hellfire 20 minutes before the end was a huge mistake, though.
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

Certainly not a great film, and not something I would want to watch again, but it wasn't terrible, and it was certainly far better than dross like Smash Cut.
Funnily enough it was the other way round for me. Smash Cut was a 'so bad it was good' kind of movie. But I found Zombie Women to be pretty tedious despite the occasional laugh (mostly thanks to the banter between Pervo and the cowboy). Otherwise though this was my worst film of the festival.
Tommy-Boy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Tommy-Boy »

I didnt see this one and on talking to a few people was very glad I took the opportunity to have a lie-in instead. The bunch of girls in their knickers on the stairs as I came into Empire were I assume said Zombie Women?
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Too slow to get going, and by the time the characters started to gel there were dying off anyway. Near miss.

6/10
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

The banter between Pervo the clown and Johnny Dee Hellfire made it for me - there was some great gags in there and being an ex-resident-Geordie myself it was good to hear that freindly accent back again :-) Despite a few slow moments in the plot, it looked great and was shot very well and I think the music was pretty cool too :-)

And now I quite want to go back up to Newcastle to visit the famous House of the Golden Lotus :-)
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

The Soapmaker wrote:It wasn't a good horror movie, but the dialogue was very funny.

Killing off Johnny Dee Hellfire 20 minutes before the end was a huge mistake, though.
I thought "Oh, that's the end of the laughs then", but Pervo and Zeus did a good erm job. The comedy beginning was spot on for me, and if this'd been a comedy about a travelling circus with no scantily clad cult zombies, I'd have enjoyed it perhaps even more (but in a different way).

The Benny Hill does zombies approach worked fine for me, it's clearly not seeking to be the best Hammer tribute ever.

Oh I was disappointed there was no actual Satan in the film.
That's a job for Trades Descriptions that is.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
steve806
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by steve806 »

A complete and utter disgrace.

Terrible on every level, the direction, the acting the .....why bother.

There were numerous films in the discovery screen that could have been shown instead of this garbage.

Struck me as a film made as a business venture rather than out of a love for movies.
A film made from a checklist but with no actual understanding.

What do horror fans like?

Zombies - check
Satan - check - nothing to do with the movie but who cares
Scantily clad women - check
Rock music - check

I can forgive the worst of films when I can see the love and effort that has gone into creating them but I thought this was beyond redemption.
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Worst film of the festival and possibly the worst film ever screened at Frightfest in 10 years - not sure how this got made but how did it get screened?
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Reanimator wrote:Worst film of the festival and possibly the worst film ever screened at Frightfest in 10 years
Did you not see The Tesseract?
Reanimator
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Reanimator »

Yes I saw that - not very good either but better than ZWOS!
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

The Tesseract will always be etched on my mind as my worst-ever Frightfest experience. 90 minutes (or whatever it was) of almost unbearable tedium. One of the very few genuine 0/10 movies I've ever seen.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

I rather enjoyed this trashfest. Some amusing moments with Pervo the Clown and the cursing, randy chained up old lady. A spot on dumb fun film.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"