Fragment

Relive the horror of Frightfest 2009
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Fragment

Post by Wolfshade »

decided to see this cos it looked interesting from the write up, and skipped Millenium a guy with spikey hair in front of me was making the subtitled films difficult to watch, BIG MISTAKE.

The concept was okay, but the film totally failed to pull it off, and it was just tedious and there were no thrills whatsoever. The bad guy he brought back from the dead was the worst thing about this film - when the guy's killed by the police at the start, he just looks like a fat dumb oaf, then when he's brought back to life suddenly they decide to turn him into some Marvel super villian, Engine Oil Man, and give him some ridiculous Darth Vader voice.

Looks like I missed one of the best films of the festival and saw one of the worst :(

It wasn't the worst one of the festival for me (that would be Smash Cut), but it WAS the most dissappointing as I had high hopes for it and it totally failed to deliver.
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Fragment

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Wolfshade wrote:decided to see this cos it looked interesting from the write up, and skipped Millenium a guy with spikey hair in front of me was making the subtitled films difficult to watch, BIG MISTAKE.

The concept was okay, but the film totally failed to pull it off, and it was just tedious and there were no thrills whatsoever. The bad guy he brought back from the dead was the worst thing about this film - when the guy's killed by the police at the start, he just looks like a fat dumb oaf, then when he's brought back to life suddenly they decide to turn him into some Marvel super villian, Engine Oil Man, and give him some ridiculous Darth Vader voice.

Looks like I missed one of the best films of the festival and saw one of the worst :(

It wasn't the worst one of the festival for me (that would be Smash Cut), but it WAS the most dissappointing as I had high hopes for it and it totally failed to deliver.
I agree whole heartedly with you and felt it was a real shame, I think filming it across a year did not help them and at times they got slightly lost.

Yet it was an independent and we need these films to spur on other film makers, it was a bad film but great for the morale of other independents out there and maybe they will be back another year with lessons learnt and something great to offer us from down under.
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
Catseyez
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Catseyez »

Yeah saw this inside the "sauna" that was screen4 - must admit the trailer was better than the movie which was a shame cos I missed out on case39 which when I returned was told that it was an ok movie bugger!

I think that if they do another discovery screen next year I am giving it a wide berth and stick to the main program unless I have seen any of them "in advance"

Also hated the small screen and confined seating and lack of decent air conditioning

The only feeling I have for the discovery screen is that I will ignore it next year if its running - prefer the usual single screen FFest crowd feel
zoltan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by zoltan »

I was fighting to concentrate during this , tiredness and the heat.
It had a great look to the film for what was supposedly very low budget.
Would like to see again.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Skipped Case 39 to watch this and glad I did. A dark, Clive Barker-esque tale that I really enjoyed. One of the films that is likely to stay in my mind over the next few months.... 9 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Mr Bill
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Mr Bill »

I too am happy to have missed out on Case 39 to see this (but would have been gutted to have missed Millennium for it) as it wasn't too bad or too great either. the idea was a lot better than the actual film and may have been more at home in a 30 or 40 minute TV slot. It felt stretched and padded with any excitement dwindleing rapidly from about 15 minutes in, still it had it's moments though. I liked his revulsion upon discovering the dark history of his favourite new chair- but it's a shame that's almost the high point of the film.

But fuck me , was it hot in there!
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum