The Girl Next Door

Shamble, like a zombie, down Memory Lane. The ghost of FF2007 awaits you.
thesavageintruder
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by thesavageintruder »

I dont think the BBFC will have problems with this, to be honest. The actress and any body doubles used would obviously be over 18, none of the nudity or the violence perpetrated on her was exploitative. I dont really see how they can cut "suggestiveness" from a film, and the harshest stuff in the film was suggested rather than shown.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

streetrw wrote:As for the underage nudity; the actress playing Meg is actually 22 according to the IMDb... However, the character is certainly underage and I wonder whether the BBFC will have issues with this?
Agreed with Mr Intruder, I can't see the BBFC cutting this. Keira Knightley appeared semi-naked in The Hole when she was actually under 16, and they apparently had no problem with that (although they might have if they'd realised, I suppose).
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Laymonite wrote:
maxmum wrote:It prompted me to buy 2 Jack Ketchum books from forbidden planet on the tuesday before i went home!
Can I be nosy and ask which ones they were and how much you paid for them? I've bought a few in the past from Amazon, but they are very pricey.
Yeah sure! I got The Lost, which I'm nearly two thirds through already, and Off Season, both were £5.50 each... they look like imports as they only have US dollar prices printed on the book.
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

maxmum wrote:
Laymonite wrote:
maxmum wrote:It prompted me to buy 2 Jack Ketchum books from forbidden planet on the tuesday before i went home!
Can I be nosy and ask which ones they were and how much you paid for them? I've bought a few in the past from Amazon, but they are very pricey.
Yeah sure! I got The Lost, which I'm nearly two thirds through already, and Off Season, both were £5.50 each... they look like imports as they only have US dollar prices printed on the book.
Girl Next Door is on Amazon for £3.48 now - a few other Ketchum titles there too for similar prices
ghouldrool
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by ghouldrool »

Girl Next Door hits R1 dvd december 4th. features include

Audio commentary by Wilson, producer Andrew van den Houten and producer/cinematographer William M. Miller
• Audio commentary by Ketchum, Farrands and Nutman
• The Making of THE GIRL NEXT DOOR documentary
• Cast and crew interviews
• Theatrical trailer

should be interesting to hear Ketchums thoughts.
"Just what the world needs; a schizophrenic toaster!"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Amazing film... I know some people missed it for a bit of a lie in but wow what a moving film.

You could tell it had made an impact because with other films, leaving the cinema during a break, there were people chatting and smoking outside but after this one... it was liked I'd interuppted a funeral the way people were whispering..... very sombre mood after. Had the desired impact... Enjoyed it but only because I like my horror to make some kind of impact... mindless hillbillies are all well and good but when a killer knows what he/she is doing, it's all the more chilling.
capthowdy66
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by capthowdy66 »

Read the book and watched the film, horrified to think people can be so evil. Read about the actual murder and now think the film and book are tame!! :shock:
Laymonite
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: The Girl Next Door

Post by Laymonite »

This is out on region 2 dvd on June 21st.
Bring her to me, you bum. I'll take care of business.