so what are y'all listening to while you read n type?

Get to know the forumites, come and say Hello. Chat music, books, tv or games.
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: so what are y'all listening to while you read n type?

Post by world_of_skin »

Ermm, recently - Devin Townsend, My Dying Bride, Carcass, Death in Vegas and the Moldy Peaches.
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

been mixing it up with......
90s death metal (Morbid Angel, Obituary, Deicide)
Bathory (first 3 albums)
Nigo's Ape sounds
James Lavelle's UNKLE mixes
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

xBIGJOEx wrote: Bathory (first 3 albums)
Yes! The two after that are pretty damn nice as well.
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

agreed "the norse trilogy" is great, I have not listened to anything past the first 6 albums.
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

Nordland 1 & 2 are worth picking up. Blood On Ice is alright, it was recorded in 1989 just after Blood Fire and Death, but he didn't want to release it for some reason.. The others are pish (although I do keep revisiting Destroyer of Worlds for some reason).
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

xBIGJOEx wrote:been mixing it up with......
90s death metal (Morbid Angel, Obituary, Deicide)
One of the strangest gigs I've ever been to was when I went to see Deicide play... in a leisure centre! Can't remember when this was exactly (2004-2006 sometime? possibly earlier?) but it was bizzare: no promotion whatsoever, resulting in only about 20-30 people there! Glen Benton didn't seem too bothered though - he kept throwing things at my friend's head (in fairness, he did deserve it) and repeatedly threatened to rape everybody's mothers :)

Then, to top the night off, when I was standing there handing out flyers outside the back of the building as everybody left, the Head of the Milton Keynes branch of the Church of Satan (yes, I know that sounds ridiculous - MK and Satan, not the most natural of partners...) decided to come over and compare reviews with me with regards to what we'd just witnessed.

A good night, definitely!
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

Brilliant story very funny.
I think I have been to that leisure centre in MK to see the Misfits actually!
Last edited by xBIGJOEx on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

Ahh I'd love to see the Misfits!

The leisure centre is known as the Pitz - it's had some surprisingly big acts through the years but most of them have at least been promoted properly... This Deicide gig was ridiculous - nobody knew it was happening! Lots of fans who live right in MK had no idea! No idea what happened there!

The Pitz is funny: they hold various classes in other parts of the building whilst gigs are going on but you have to walk right through the bar area to get in and out of the building. So you often get groups of scared-looking 8/9/10 year olds wearing karate gear wandering through the bar, clutching their bags and generally trying not to make eye contact with any of the drunk people!
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

Just listening to Nick Harper's 'Double Life', a compilation of some of his best tracks live. It's basically just him and his guitar, kind of folk-rock-pop.
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Goldenthal.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Outsider
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Outsider »

As I type this I’m listening to Ocean Colour Scene. Not out of choice. They’re playing a gig outside my bedroom window. :!:

Hartlepool is hosting the 2010 Tall Ships races this weekend, with over a million visitors expected to come to my little home town. All the entertainment is based outside my block of flats, and OCS are headlining the main stage tonight. Tomorrow it’s Echo & the Bunnymen and Doves.

Wish you were here??? :mrgreen:
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

Doves are aces thats pretty good for free and Echo and the bunnymen have some great stuff too.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

i am currently jocking some Entombed, Orange Goblin and Electric Wizard....grotty!
ladyXzombina
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ladyXzombina »

i'm currently listening to **suzy** curse the tv screen as she is playing a game lol :D
"Some people prefer the finer things in life, but i'm alright just hanging out with the ghost of vincent price"
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

ladyXzombina wrote:i'm currently listening to **suzy** curse the tv screen as she is playing a game lol :D
well....the goblin wouldn't bloody die, he kept getting back up lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_