Goodie bag

The movies of 2010 still live
AlessaDark
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Goodie bag

Post by AlessaDark »

Haha! I asked when I picked my passes up earlier - they'll be available from 10.45 tomorrow morning.
The DeadlySpawn
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Goodie bag

Post by The DeadlySpawn »

Sucks that there's nothing for day pass holders this year.
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Goodie bag

Post by Commodore »

Personally, I thought the goodie bag was a little bit of a let down this year. Glad it wasn't packed out with t-shirts only a small child could fit into, but given all that was in there was 2 or 3 iffy DVDs, a handful of leaflets, a packet of sweets and a Frightfest programme, thought it was a bit of an anti-climax.

We've had much better goodie bags over the years - for me its all about the contents rather than the actual bag. Would rather have had more or better stuff in a carrier bag than a proper bag full of leaflets.

Chris
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Ah well looks as if I didn't miss much then?

Was slightly peeved this year in that I paid for 5 day passes - previous 7 years Ive had a w/e pass - so it cost me £50 more overall and for that I didn't even get a lanyard for the tickets -recycled last years - let alone even a sniff of a bag. Didn't fancy the freebie feeding frenzy on Monday before Red White & Blue.

Great selection of movies again and good atmosphere though so not that fussed to be honest 8)
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

DavieT wrote:Ah well looks as if I didn't miss much then?

Was slightly peeved this year in that I paid for 5 day passes - previous 7 years Ive had a w/e pass - so it cost me £50 more overall and for that I didn't even get a lanyard for the tickets -recycled last years - let alone even a sniff of a bag. Didn't fancy the freebie feeding frenzy on Monday before Red White & Blue.
Which, at least by the time I got there, was basically more Walking Dead mugs and Catacombs DVDs. Both of which I already had....
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
satanslittlehelper
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by satanslittlehelper »

It's a lovely looking bag, will come in very handy for work, but contained very little to get excited about. Bloody 'catacombs' on DVD, total film and some chocs and drink.

But I have always considered this an added bonus and we should all be grateful the boys bother at all!
"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath - would you be standing in the horror section?"
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

This year was the 1st time I didn't get a T-shirt!

Last year you could tell the 2009 (Dawn Of The Dead logo) bag were cheaply made compared to the 2008 (Frightfest logo) bag. The 2010 (Fanboys logo) bag appears to be the better quality 2008 bag they used (?)

Don't forget that all contents are mostly given by distributors and sponsors.
I do Special Make-Up Effects & Prosthetics (SFX): Graphic Delusions: Facebook Page
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

if there are any spare walking dead mugs I would love one willing to pay
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
ed.
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by ed. »

I can just post one to you if you want Joe, if you PM me your address and I'll sort it.
Or give it to you in person at the Halloween Event? Either way is good, really don't mind posting it.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

Ed thats really kind of you will PM you shortly
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

satanslittlehelper wrote:It's a lovely looking bag, will come in very handy for work... Bloody 'catacombs' on DVD, total film and some chocs and drink.
Oh thank goodness I wasn't the only one who ended up with a Catacombs dvd (and something called Days of Darkness). I did appreciate the drink though as I was dying of thirst at the time.

Did I miss any freebies at the desk though? The goodie bag followed later by the Walking Dead Mug.

Got a few posters... Dead Cert, The Horde. But missed out on F which I would have killed for.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

I'm probably one of the few who had a little giggle at the people RUNNING to the front of the stage for freebies. "Braaaaainzzzzzzz" haha!

<3

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

Pukka wrote:
satanslittlehelper wrote: Oh thank goodness I wasn't the only one who ended up with a Catacombs dvd
I don't think it was a case of you being the only one, I think EVERYONE got it in there goodie bag...and they were trying to give away box loads of Catacombs at the end of fest as well, urghh!!!

I got that aforementioned turd of a film and Broken and Bitch Slap, so much better than the Children Of The Corn boxset from last year, but not as good as the goodie bags jam packed with great stuff from 08.

the chocolates were a very nice touch though, I haven't encountered them before, and now i NEED to find more of them! the drink was a welcome addition as well, kept you awake and isn't as tooth-wrecking as the Rockstar that was given out a few years ago.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Goodie bag

Post by daveroughcut »

If you got free DVDs an' you don't wan' 'em I'll take them dudes. PM me for the address.
EvilAsh
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by EvilAsh »

Wolfshade wrote:
I got that aforementioned turd of a film and Broken and Bitch Slap, so much better than the Children Of The Corn boxset from last year, but not as good as the goodie bags jam packed with great stuff from 08.
Was that the year with CDs and Suicide Girls stuff? That goodie bag was HUGE