F

The movies of 2010 still live
LeeManc
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: F

Post by LeeManc »

I'm glad that people do feel a little bit underwhelmed by this film as during the applause and someone actually screaming 'Thank you' to the director, I felt like I had missed something, I couldn't understand why the reaction was so positive. I enjoyed the film, but it just felt like 'Ils' in a school - I couldn't really understand the animal type movement to the hoodies either...

I really enjoyed the female teacher who had her face caved in though :)
nagelfar
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by nagelfar »

Another surprise!
Thought this would be just another home invasion type movie but was taken in by the black "faces" of the villians and their cat like movement. Although we could discuss on why the characters didn't leave the school, why they didn't defend themselves and what was the motivation behind the kills in general I thought that most of the situations were entirely believable.
The teacher getting sent on vacation for hitting the kid? Totally.
The security guy being an total idiot? Hell yeah.
The sports teacher being hot? Hopefully!
The dad caring for his daughter so much he refused to leave the school? Absolutely.
Cops going in without backup? Probably not so much bet well, there have to be some faults.
That guy getting burned in the dumpster? Intense.
The end? Very bleak, very good, hopefully not just a set up for part II, that would suck.
8/10
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Really enjoyed this film. Very atmospheric and totally engrossing The faceless, agile hoodies were well creepy. Which did remind me of "Them". Also like the fact that you don't see anyone getting killed which leaves something to the imagaination. Then you see the bloody aftermath. Which was pretty good. At times during the film I was thinking was it all in the teachers head. Was not sure if I like the way it ended but it does leave you thinking. The choice the teacher made.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
BabyJaneHudson
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by BabyJaneHudson »

I thought that this started off okay, but didn't go anywhere. Hoodies without faces like the Nun from the Armchair Thriller story Silent as a Nun (classic), going around killing everyone in a school. That was it. I don't where they came from, or what they were going to do at 8.50 am when the pupils were due back in school the next day. I get the thing about the Teacher and his experience with violence in the classroom and the tension between his daughter blah blah blah, but isn't enough for a story. I have kids, so what if my maternal instincts kick in and I go looking for them before I bugger off home, because some faceless hoodie killers might stab them to death. I don't expect a gold medal for it. That doesn't make me a hero, that just makes me normal. I thought this was unimaginative in the extreme.
BLANCHE: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair!

BABYJANE: BUT YOU ARE BLANCHE! YOU ARE IN THAT CHAIR!
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

F

Post by daveroughcut »

I'm gutted how close this sounds to the script I was working on especially the Assault on Precinct 13 connection and the supernatural hoodies. Bugger I'm torn between bining it or going with it.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Topical with an involving plot and some tense sequences. It would be interesting to see an alternative version with more of the violence on-screen to see how that would play. Just about the best film of the day. 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

What i loved most about the' Hoodies' was that i really didn't want to know if they where real people or if they had a supernatural element to them. I loved how they ran, creeped, crawled and climbed there way the school, i found it a little unnerving.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
itchysore
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by itchysore »

I think i hoped for 2 much from this one, the whole "assault on precint 13" stuff got me thinking i was in for a siege movie and so felt let down when everyone just seemed to back away and give in when confronted by the hoodies,

speaking of the hoodies, I liked the way they were done but felt it was all a bit overused, there didnt seem much point in clambering across the tops of lockers, not matter how nimbly, when simply walking would have been quicker

overall I thought "Ils" did it so much better

good effort though, 6/10
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

totally loved this film, I am so getting it on DVD. I got to meet Finlay Robertson before the film and he was so cool. Didn't realise he was standing there with the daughter and boyfriend from the film as well, just walked away after speaking to Finlay lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Porkboy
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Porkboy »

"I think i hoped for 2 much from this one, the whole "assault on precint 13" stuff got me thinking i was in for a siege movie and so felt let down when everyone just seemed to back away and give in when confronted by the hoodies,

speaking of the hoodies, I liked the way they were done but felt it was all a bit overused, there didnt seem much point in clambering across the tops of lockers, not matter how nimbly, when simply walking would have been quicker"
I have to say I completely agree. And I found it to be far too frustrating to fully enjoy it. No-one would believe him before it was too late, and by then it was, well, too late. That sort of stuff does wind me up a bit as it happens in so many of these types of films. And it was not so much of a siege as a simple stalk 'n' slash. All I kept thinking to myself was "hit the fire alarm! The fire fighters will be there within about 20 minutes!" But alas, no.

Still, the performances were strong, REALLY strong and I love the ending.
"Last person I saw looked like you, I shot 'em in the face!"
"Shoot me in the face and I'll kick your ass!"
gazadams
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by gazadams »

I thought this was one of the best films at the fest ! Do think it could benefit from a different name though !
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why people love this film so much too.

It was decent enough for a single watch through, nothing I would pruchase or bother watching again particularly. Nothing will ever be scarier than Eden Lake as far as hoodies go for me I dont think.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

maxmum wrote:I'm at a bit of a loss as to why people love this film so much too.

It was decent enough for a single watch through, nothing I would pruchase or bother watching again particularly. Nothing will ever be scarier than Eden Lake as far as hoodies go for me I dont think.
But the hoodies in that had an identity, here we're not quite sure what they are... they ain't regular teens, regular teens too lazy to do leaping over stuff... :D
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

But then also there were the hoodies in Heartless last year. I cant even remember what they were - or did it leave it open?
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
jimmythenut
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by jimmythenut »

Hello one and all!

I genuinely loved this film, thought it was fantastic in style and tone.
I particularly like the music and have pestered the Production company about it and now its available on iTunes, so if anyone wants it here is the link

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/id391966645

Its fantastic, really atmospheric and stands up well to being listened to on its own!
Sweet.