Deadheads

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
Die, Fishboy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Deadheads

Post by Die, Fishboy »

I liked it. I liked the leads and in the context of the Fest the change of pace and vibe was completely welcome. I thought it had genuine wit, charm and a genuinely fresh approach to the genre absent from the last 23,523,235,754,846,456 zombie films I've seen.
gazadams
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by gazadams »

didnt really like this :(
Stephen with ph
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Stephen with ph »

lupogirl wrote:This one I really enjoyed. Nicely paced and made me a chuckle at times. Zombie story with a differance. Able to reattach chopped off limbs. A bit of zombie and human love story. A sidekick called Cheese!
We seem to be in a minority here.

I loved it - it made a pleasant change to see a genre movie with such warmth of spirit.

Nice balance of humour and gore (there's an odd sentence) and an inventive blend of genres - I'd much rather this than the lazy and predictable unpleasantness of something like Rogue River. The world's a slightly better place for this movie.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Stephen with ph wrote:
lupogirl wrote:This one I really enjoyed. Nicely paced and made me a chuckle at times. Zombie story with a differance. Able to reattach chopped off limbs. A bit of zombie and human love story. A sidekick called Cheese!
We seem to be in a minority here.
Add me to your minority, I loved it. :)
Bigcat
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Bigcat »

I liked it too... it was sweet, warm, very funny, liked the characters...

...the ending could be seen as a bit of a letdown, but I chose to read it as a send up of usual rom-com ending, so in that sense it was good.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Bigcat wrote:I liked it too... it was sweet, warm, very funny, liked the characters...

...the ending could be seen as a bit of a letdown, but I chose to read it as a send up of usual rom-com ending, so in that sense it was good.
I think the ending was saved by the hazmat suit guys high-fiving over the kissing couple, which completely stamped "Don't take this seriously" on the scene.

Natalie Victoria (the blonde girl, Ellie Masterson) was sat beside me for most of the festival and she was lovely. I manged to interview her and Brett Pierce (co-director) in one of the breaks between films. Still typing it up though, 15 mins of audio is a lot of text. :shock:
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

Liked it: it was indeed rather sweet. Not up there with Dance Of The Dead, but good fun.

http://streetrw.blogspot.com/2011/09/deadheads.html
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

It was watchable and entertaining, I liked Cheese.

It's probably a good starting point for a younger audience too, to get them into the genre - I could see me having enjoyed it a lot more as a young teen.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on FreeVee
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey