Inbred

Pick at the bones of 2011's films
Scrof the Return
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Inbred

Post by Scrof the Return »

As has already been mentioned you know what to expect from an Alex Chandon film and (having said that) this was better than expected. I didn't like the scene in the barn or the mean spirited ending, but it was genuinely funny in places and the gore was plentiful and well done.
bennozoid
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bennozoid »

I really enjoyed INBRED. And i'd LOVE to see 99% of you lot TRY and make a film this good. From what I understand, INBRED was made on a shoestring budget, deep in the heart of the recession, and they managed to create numerous mentally insane horror set-pieces and very high overall production values, with the same budget the grumbling fanboys and girls would spend on a single box-set collection. In short: Hats off to Mr Chandon and his whole team! I really hope it's not another 10 years before we see his next film!
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

bennozoid wrote:And i'd LOVE to see 99% of you lot TRY and make a film this good.
Please explain this kind of mentality to me, I've seen it in a few other posts. What you're suggesting here is that simply because myself and other posters don't make movies we can't have a valid opinion on a movie? Bollocks. While I can appreicate the hard work and effort that went into Inbred this was just terribly written, directed and acted and at best rips off story elements from Small Town Folk, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Wrong Turn.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

bennozoid wrote:I really enjoyed INBRED. And i'd LOVE to see 99% of you lot TRY and make a film this good. From what I understand, INBRED was made on a shoestring budget, deep in the heart of the recession, and they managed to create numerous mentally insane horror set-pieces and very high overall production values, with the same budget the grumbling fanboys and girls would spend on a single box-set collection. In short: Hats off to Mr Chandon and his whole team! I really hope it's not another 10 years before we see his next film!
What, so the £160 each person spends on a tickets doesn't give them the right on have an opinion on the films they see?

Inbred wasn't terrible, and was far better than other films FF has shown recently such as Smash Cut, Bubbas Chilli Parlour, I Know How Many Runs You Scored Last Summer, Dead Cert and ones this year such as Vile, The Theatre Bizarre and Chillerama, so you don't need to desperately defend it by saying "ah bless it was made on a tiny budget in the recession, bet you couldn't do better". The problem I have with it is the director has taken 10 years to make a film that is a big step backwards from his last effort, Cradle Of Fear.
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

Maniacal wrote:
bennozoid wrote:And i'd LOVE to see 99% of you lot TRY and make a film this good.
Please explain this kind of mentality to me, I've seen it in a few other posts. What you're suggesting here is that simply because myself and other posters don't make movies we can't have a valid opinion on a movie? Bollocks.
Very true.

...I did really like Inbred but saying that because someone can't make something means they can't have a valid opinion is fucking stupid.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

bennozoid wrote:I really enjoyed INBRED. And i'd LOVE to see 99% of you lot TRY and make a film this good. From what I understand, INBRED was made on a shoestring budget, deep in the heart of the recession, and they managed to create numerous mentally insane horror set-pieces and very high overall production values, with the same budget the grumbling fanboys and girls would spend on a single box-set collection. In short: Hats off to Mr Chandon and his whole team! I really hope it's not another 10 years before we see his next film!
You don't need to be a doctor to know that the man who IS a doctor has cut the wrong leg off.

I thought it was a nasty, cynical and tiresome piece of work, ineptly handled and not funny.

http://streetrw.blogspot.com/2011/09/inbred.html
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

It is amazing how patronising the 'everyone is entitled to their own opinion' phrase actually is.

Reading deeper at its lowest is actually smacks of sour grapes that someone would dare voice a differing opinion, at worst it could almost be seem as a curb on individual thought and for mindless groupthink.

If people liked this film then I have no problem with that at all (why should I?, though conspiratorially looking at this on IMDB is looks like an active campaign to give this a skewed good rating).

I suppose you can even given the film credit for inspiring some kind of emotion in me, even if it is of the most negative and violent kind.

But for me it was an Everest of shit.
TrickRTreatz
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by TrickRTreatz »

Pumpkin wrote:Duke I totally agree. Utter, utter shite. Totally pointless, not funny and quite offensive for no good reason. It was a bit like watching 13 year olds putting on their own version of the League of Gentlemen.
Plus the 500 cast and crew members in the audience whooping at every name and nearly dying with laughter at every lame joke did not endear it to me any more.
come on man, all the cast and crew members may not ever get a chance like this again, so fuk yeah, if i was part of something like that, id be as proud as they were, remember its all about the fans, lets not make FF pretentious now
"Poison, Drowning, Claw or Knife. So Many Ways To Take A Life"
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Currently on Amazon Prime
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

zappa fan wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:10 pm Currently on Amazon Prime
The very definition of throwing money down the shitter.