Fright Fest 2012 Rumour Mill

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
Axe
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Fright Fest 2012 Rumour Mill

Post by Axe »

Re - Maniac- unfortunately I haven't seen the film as yet but I don't think there has been a film screened uncut at Frightfest over the years that has gone on to be cut by the BBFC, so if it happens here it would certainly be a first. Is this re-make more violent than the original? (still cut over here).
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Marko wrote:i heard a rumour that some of last years freebie t shirts (girl with the dragon tattoo) were also given out this year with no new t shirts...
jonbly picked up a Devil Inside t-shirt in L - no sign of any larger sizes. Didn't see any blurays / dvds / torches, though. Feels like it would be better to spread the smaller stuff out randomly in goodie bags.
pauluspink
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by pauluspink »

I heard that Sam Raimi was scheduled to appear at Frightfest for The Possession; apparently he now refuses to do any appearances for the film because he wasn't happy with the final cut.
I do Special Make-Up Effects & Prosthetics (SFX): Graphic Delusions: Facebook Page
anoy yin barsted
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anoy yin barsted »

pauluspink wrote:I heard that Sam Raimi was scheduled to appear at Frightfest for The Possession; apparently he now refuses to do any appearances for the film because he wasn't happy with the final cut.
NO. WAY.
Fred Krueger! He's inside me, and he wants to take me again!
Wulfster
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Wulfster »

jonbly wrote:
Marko wrote:i heard a rumour that some of last years freebie t shirts (girl with the dragon tattoo) were also given out this year with no new t shirts...
jonbly picked up a Devil Inside t-shirt in L - no sign of any larger sizes. Didn't see any blurays / dvds / torches, though. Feels like it would be better to spread the smaller stuff out randomly in goodie bags.
Given the rather meagre selection in the goodie bags this year (2 books, 1 high-quality Arrow DVD, and a small REC3 bottle-opener/key-ring), I would say that this was probably a good idea Jonbly ...

Also, I know it's all free and a bonus, but with my "sinister" bag, the zip broke and the internal lining fell out ... on the opening night!!! I hadn;t even put anything in it!!
:(
GeorgeCaplin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by GeorgeCaplin »

anoy yin barsted wrote:
GeorgeCaplin wrote:This Tulpa rumour....

I'm pretty sure at the end of the film they all came on stage, no questions being asked to them, but the director came on and introduced each of the actors including his wife!!!

or was I just drunk?!
Hey GeorgeCaplin!

You were not drunk my good old matey- they were definitely back, beautiful bunch of people they were too, but I meant that the fellas and ladies from Tulpa were denied/refused a Q&A.

Didn't realise that the freebies were dotted about the cinema- how bizarre! Can't be bothered with the freebies anyway. If it is being given away, there is usually a reason...

(although the novel I had in my bag, The Last Werewolf, is an amazing book)
Ahhh I thought so, though I have to say I was drunk. My mate and I were playing a game through-out the festival of 'You have to take an extra swig when ever someone in the film says the name of the film!' Unfortunately, and surprisingly, the title 'Tulpa' was used to an extraordinary number of times, including about four times in the same bloody sentence.

The other 'Take a swig whenever someones phone dies or can't get reception' only featured about once in the whole fest!!!!

I can't blame the makers of Tulpa (drink) for not wanting to answer questions as they probably thought everyone hated it and pride was maybe hurt a little but if you make the audience laugh at frightfest it doesn't always mean they hate it even if they are laughing at the film. I loved Giallo for it's complete badness and it still holds a fond place in my memory to the point I feel it's up there with the room and recommend to people. I think it's a European thing, another European country may see it more seriously or not concentrate on certain elements (like bad script or dialogue), it would explain how Mr Boll gets to make so many films.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Wulfster wrote:Paul was regularly repeating that there were "torches and other goodies" littered about, but I never saw anything other than posters, despite the fact that I circled the room ASAP. I did get a copy of "The New Barbarians" from Ian earlier though, so it evened out ... :)

It didn't really work, but then what are you going to do? The previous scrums were ridiculous and only olympic-level athletes got anything decent at those, trampling over the less-alpha members of the pack!

BTW, I've totally given up on even trying to get free t-shirts now, as there are never any XL sizes, and I'd rather not go out with a "dragon-tattoo" crop-top!! :roll:
Opposite T-shirt problem here, I need an S, or M at a pinch, anything else is like a tent on me. Didn't bother scouring the auditorium for freebies, I usually either have the DVDs already or don't want 'em, and I have no use for posters. It's really not worth being trampled by frenzied Frightfesters when the chances of finding anything worthwhile are so slim.

I always wonder what these manic poster-grabbers actually do with them, anyway.... surely they can't have that much space on their walls?

Why not just put more stuff in the goodie bags, like they used to, if they have so much crap to get rid of?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

The Soapmaker wrote:I always wonder what these manic poster-grabbers actually do with them, anyway.... surely they can't have that much space on their walls?
Agreed, especially as you see the same characters going up to ask questions after every film and wandering around with armfuls of posters. :lol:
The Soapmaker wrote:Why not just put more stuff in the goodie bags, like they used to, if they have so much crap to get rid of?
I guess it gives non weekend pass holders a chance to get some freebies because they don't get a goodie bag.