Allnighter Finishing Time

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Allnighter Finishing Time

Post by The Soapmaker »

With the clocks going back an hour, the 2011 Halloween Allnighter finished so early that not only were the tube stations still closed, there weren't even any coffee shops open to keep warm and/or kill the time.

So I spent a miserable hour wandering the abandoned streets like Cillian Murphy in 28 Days Later. It felt, frankly, like bad planning and wasn't a good end to the night (neither was The Watermen, but that's another discussion...)

It'll be exactly the same this year, presumably.

Wouldn't it be possible to do something about this? A slightly later start time, perhaps (too late to change now, I know, but hey, the fight over the unallocated seats might kill some time)? Slightly longer gaps between films? Longer films? Or maybe an extra film? I know that would cost something, but it doesn't have to be anything high-profile, could be any old shit to be honest. Any thoughts?
mike108
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Allnighter Finishing Time

Post by mike108 »

Agreed. having to spend an hour waiting for the tubes to open is really the last thing anyone wants to do after being awake all night - maybe the vue could open there coffee stand for a bit afterwards?