3rd Night

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

3rd Night

Post by Alex J »

Not the most original film and similar tales have been told more suspensefully, but a compelling watch nonetheless. Some tense scenes and
Spoiler:
a good sleight of hand, plus I appreciated the final twist ending too.
Enjoyed seeing this more traditional horror. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: 3rd Night

Post by scarebear »

Absolutely Loved it.

Tense, disturbing and great performances by the leads.

Hope it gets some sort of release here.
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

I found this rather dull, the villain was obvious right from the start and lacked any kind of personality. The protagonists made completely stupid choices (you get a threatening letter and obviously have a peeping tom and you DONT call the police?) and went particularly interesting. The homeless characters were a little bizzare and did things that we had no backstory for (the scene in the bathtub mostly).

Not really a fault with the film persay, but the sound editing was alittle off for me to and if I notice it, then it takes me right out of the immersion. in one scene the female character was talking and insects could be heard in the background, but when the male spoke to her, there was no background noise. The music coming from the car at the end was much louder than anything else in the film too.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Did well on a micro budget and there's something about the outback that cooks up these crazy characters. What the hell was that bathtub scene about?? Q&a was livened up by someone proffering criticism of the films final shot. He didn't get a t shirt!
Jon H
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Jon H »

What I really liked about this was the subversion (deliberate or otherwise) of the Aussie Horror genre format. We've seen so many "couple in remote location" movies with archetypal woodsman villain (and don't get me wrong - we saw a REALLY good one in Killing Ground),
Spoiler:
it was refreshing to see this take an unexpected twist.
I hope this gets the distribution it deserves. A proper Discovery screen film.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

This was a good watch...creepy enough and another twisted Australian thriller. Got myself a Cat mask (?!) Would have played well on the main screen too