Undead Horde

Re: Top Five FF17 Films

Post by The Soapmaker »

The Bar
68 Kill
Killing Ground
Tragedy Girls
Game of Death

I'd also have Lowlife there or thereabouts, but it was one of the films I fell asleep in so I didn't get to fully appreciate it. And I wish The Villainess had made it because I love Korean films... but it didn't quite work.

Interesting to see that Double Date, the only main screen film I missed, is getting good reports, I didn't like the sound of it on paper. I must see it in due course.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Better Watch Out
The Bar
Dead Shack
Mayhem
Death Note
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

Imitation girl
Tragedy girls
Game of death
Better watch out
Leather face
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

My top five were Dhogs, Our Evil, The Villainess, Killing Ground and The Bar. Honourable mention to Psycopaths.

My least favourite was the charmless Leatherface followed by Death Note, Chucky, Alone and Sequence Break.

All in all though lots of good stuff with a few pleasant surprises in films like Hallows Eve, Mayhem and Victor Crowley. Had a whale of a time.
Diggler81
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Diggler81 »

Top 5 'The Good'

68 Kill
Killing Ground
Better Watch Out
Freehold
Low Life

Just missed out/Films I liked - Double Date,Tragedy Girls, Still/Born, Ruin Me, Game of Death, Death Note, Chucky, Leatherface, The End?

Bottom 4 'The Ugly'

Psychopaths - Could/Should have been good. Walked Out
Sequence Break - Just not my cup of tea. Walked Out
Boots on the Ground - Truly awful.....wish I could have walked out.
The Terror of Hallows Eve - Just did not grab me.

Films that were not awful however would never watch again - Radius, Jackals,
LeighM
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by LeighM »

My top 5:

Better Watch Out
Tragedy Girls
68 Kill
Victory Crowley
Still/Born

The first 3 pick themselves, after that it's just a much of muchness really. Victor Crowley gets the nod for being great fun with a FF crowd and the fantastic Intro and Q&A with Adam Green. Still/Born was the only film of the entire weekend that actually had me tense and sweaty palmed.

Bottom 3:

Adult Babies
Terror of Hallow's Eve
Psychopaths

This was easier, all 3 of these were just complete garbage in my opinion. I don't even know where to start with Adult Babies, it joins the illustrious company of There Are Monsters, Inner Demon and The Shelter as one of the worst films I've ever seen at a FF/period. Terror of Hallow's Eve felt like a wasted opportunity. Unlikable lead character, uninspiring plot and script, a mess of a third act and even the practical effects were pretty bad. Whatever 'The Trickster' thing turned into toward the end looked half finished. Psychopaths, well, I just wish I'd walked out with everyone else, Ashley Bell's solid performance was the only thing that kept me in my seat.
Laura
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Laura »

Ok, I can't decide the order because these were all brilliant and impressive movies, and yes they are six, but I really couldn't exclude any of them so:

Death Note / Fashionista/ Better Watch Out/ Dead Shack / Eat Locals / Mayhem

Adam Wingard showed his class one more time in the difficult job to adapt the long and complex manga in a 90 min movie set in USA. It's the kind of perfect movie that only the original manga purists may dislike.
Fashionista is the kind of movie that in the hands of anyone with less genius, style and skill than Rumley would have been unwatchable.
Better Watch Out, Dead Shack and Mayhem were some kind of revelations, absolutely brilliant. And I loved the smart and inspired gags and acting of Eat Locals.
Laura
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Laura »

I have to update my list to seven movies, sorry... but how could I forget the amazing The Bar? Shame on me :roll:
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

For me it was:

Better Watch Out
Deathnote
Sequence Break
Dead Shack
It Stains the Sand Red
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

1. Better Watch Out
  2. Lowlife
  3. Killing Ground
  4. The Bar
  5. Ruin Me
Spoiler:
6. To Hell and Back
7. The Villainess
8. Death Note
9. Tragedy Girls
10. Meatball Machine Kodoku
11. Mayhem
12. Victor Crowley
13. Game of Death
14. Radius
15. Cult of Chucky
16. Our Evil
17. Dead Shack
18. Double Date
19. Fanged Up
20. The End?
21. Psychopaths
22. Sequence Break
Bedelia
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Bedelia »

I was a volunteer at Fright Fest so I missed large chunks of it. It seemed every time I asked someone what their favorite film was. they talked about something I didn't see. I missed 68 kill, Double Date, Lowlife.

The best (in no particular order):

Fanged Up (this one doesn't get any love and I don't understand why: it looked great with the vampire make up and the prison that resembled Dracula's castle, the jokes worked, the characters were likeable, the emotional moments surprisingly worked, the gore was creative, there was even some clever satire of the stereotypical male prisoner.

Dead Shack

Tragedy Girls (good year for gory comedies)

The Villainess

and the QA with the director of Victor Crowley, It's not that I didn't like the movie. I liked the first half more than the second but I really liked the first half. Yet, what stayed with me was the director talking so frankly about his depression, the state of independent cinema, the difficulties of making this movie.