Fanged Up

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Fanged Up

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Did anybody else go and see this?

A bit of disclosure: I hate Dapper Laughs and everything he stands for, but I went to see this because I had friends involved in its making. On the plus side the film isn't offensive or misogynistic in the same manner as British laddish horror comedies like Lesbian Vampire Killers and Doghouse were, so I liked it more than them. There's been an attempt to tone down Dapper Laughs' persona and portray him as likeable and his banter as all talk. They even have Mr. Laughs becoming best friends with a gay black inmate after a couple of days which seemed a rather heavy-handed way of portraying him as a nice guy, but then nothing about this film is subtle.

As to the movie itself, the poor quality of the comedy makes this hard to recommend. The humour largely revolves around sex jokes, laboured stereotypes and some Pokemon Go gags that feel dated already. Unfortunately I didn't get many laughs out of it.
Bedelia
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Fanged Up

Post by Bedelia »

I will defend this one

I went into this without expectations. I didn't know anything about the people behind making it. And I thought it was one of the best of the festival. I liked it more than Victor Crowley, which this is the closest to-a gory farce without any aspirations to be deep or sincere like Dead Shack.
I thought it looked great and I liked all the characters. The only person in VC I cared about was the aspiring actor.